India-Forums

Two major movie updates...

TINK IF-Rockerz
TINK
TINK

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Hi Twilighters,

Two major movie updates..
first, Taylor Lautner confirmed to Twilighters anonymous that they are 'scheduled' to start shooting 'New Moon' in january of 2009!

...lets pause for a moment for this to sink in and for us to calm downEmbarrassed...

and second, check out this article from edwardandbella.net- the cast is back in the studios shooting more scenes to beef up the twilight movie! =)Tongue

Twilight' Cast Heads Back To The Set To Shoot New Scenes

With the high-profile release of "Breaking Dawn" and the news that the movie's release date has been pushed up from December 12 to November 21, the pressure is higher than ever for the cast and crew of "Twilight" to deliver a product worthy of its hype. That could be why they're heading back to the set this week, months after wrapping the principal photography.

"I'm so psyched about it; we are shooting Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week, and it's really cool," Kellan Lutz (Emmett Cullen) told MTV News at Sunday's red-carpet premiere of his new project, "90210."

Often, movies have to reshoot scenes when the powers that be are less than satisfied with the original footage, but Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire patriarch Carlisle Cullen, put a positive spin on the work they'll be doing. "They liked it so much, they are bringing us back for some encore time — to beef it up," he said. "A little salt and pepper."

Maintaining optimism worthy of pre-werewolf Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner told MTV News that he was excited to get back in the "Twilight" world. "We actually just had a rehearsal at [director] Catherine Hardwicke's house the other day for a new scene," he said Friday. "It was a ton of fun."

According to Lautner, the shoots were planned before Summit Entertainment snagged the Thanksgiving weekend release date. "I know they've been showing it to some people, and some people go, 'I want to see a little more of this,' or, 'I don't quite understand this,' " he explained.

So what are these new scenes? "I wouldn't be walking tomorrow if I spilled those beans, but I'm psyched, especially about the wardrobe," Lutz said.

"I can tell you it's a flashback scene," Facinelli offered. "It gives us a little bit of history of the Cullen family. … They are just shooting a couple of different added scenes, and the scene I'm in, I can tell you it's me and Robert Pattinson. … Rosalie and Emmett are in that scene."

Lautner was more explicit: "Well, I am going to be in the prom scene now, at the very end of the film," he said. "At first we didn't film that, and now some people are saying they want to see a bit more of Jacob, and they want him in the prom scene at the end."

Thanx to EdwardandBella.net and Facebook!

Enjoy

Sam x

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKissesMrsNealCaffreyDark LoveLeenasmg

*summy* Senior Member
*summy*
*summy*

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Ooohh thanks for the info, OMG to them making New Moon Big smile
YAY to adding more scences to Twilight to beef it up more and YAYs for more Jacob in the film.
-Cherry- IF-Addictz
-Cherry-
-Cherry-

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:23am | IP Logged
OMG thankssss for the new info
BengaliChica92 IF-Sizzlerz
BengaliChica92
BengaliChica92

Mahi Way Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info
ShadowKisses IF-Dazzler
ShadowKisses
ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 11:39am | IP Logged

I don't believe the first news because Taylor gave an interview to MTV - published today - that counters the information provided by Twilighters Anonymous.

Originally posted by Taylor Lautner

Hollywood big-shots aren't usually motivated by the same squealing, giddy impulses as the rest of us, and we're going to have to wait until the box-office numbers come in before real talk on a "New Moon" movie begins.

That's got to be hard for someone like Taylor Lautner, who knows that his best scenes as Jacob Black are yet to come. When I spoke to him about his upcoming gig as a presenter at the VMAs with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, I asked if he had to try not to think too much about the sequels.

"As much as you try not to, you always do, because you're like, 'Oh my gosh, that would be so much fun and so cool,' " he said. "But nothing's confirmed yet, so I try not to get my hopes up too high."

It took three years foranother Pirates movie to come out. Why? They were checking to see it was a bankable franchise. They won't start shooting for New Moon, unless Twilight becomes a money-making franchise and believe you me, it's going to take more than a month and a half to see that.

The reason sequels are made is because the first one was very sucessful. New Moon movie will be made ONLY if Twilight is successful and becomes an established "bankable franchise" (read money-making horse). If Twilight fails at Box Office, the sequels will not made. Alternatively, if Twilight does mighty well at the box office, New Moon will be made.

It is true that the actors have signed on for sequels but it does not inherently mean that there WILL be sequels. Scripts already written wil be cancelled, contracts will be vetoed and so on if the first film fails at Box Office. It's all about the money. The sequels of Harry Potter weren't a sure thing either. It's only after the first one made considerable money that they started working on the next and so on.

Not saying there shouldn't be a movie, just saying that people should be a bit more realistic ;) Sorry to crush anyone's dreams but this is how Hollywood works.

As for the second one, I think it's interesting that they are shooting new scenes. Hope they are good ones xD

Edited by ShadowKisses - 26 August 2008 at 11:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudent

TINK IF-Rockerz
TINK
TINK

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
^^^Thanx for the info Anu! Yep! ur right Hollywood does work like that! I then thought of HP and that comes out on a regularly but then again Hollywood & Warner Bros knows that its gonna bring in the profit when it comes out!

So i'suppose they will see how Twilight does before they decide on New Moon!

Could you give me the link and i can update the post!

No point in spreading a false rumor!Embarrassed

Sam x

Sabah Goldie
Sabah
Sabah

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:05pm | IP Logged

thanks for sharing anu!!

Oh yea this is gonna be good, i think its a good idea for them to shoot one after the other otherwise it might look odd cause they might look older from one movie to the next.
-SabzWay- IF-Rockerz
-SabzWay-
-SabzWay-

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 12:05am | IP Logged
OMG!!! Thanks a ton for the info!!!!!!!!!!! =D
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top