Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Hi Twilighters,

Just a wanted to share something! I have a friend who has been bugging me for a  while about Twilight! Everytime i talk about it, she rolls her eyes!Ouch The same happens to me when i talk about Harry Potter or Narnia for that matter!Confused

These days with the hype surrounding Twilight... i go on about it quite alot!Embarrassed You can't blame me! It's taking over my life! Out of all my friends I am the only one who enjoys reading as a hobby and i take it very seriously. All my friends know that i will get defensive about a book if they start talking rubbish about it! Wht annoys me the most is that they haven't even read the books and are always ready to critize!AngryOuch Argh!

Now this friend off mine decided to give it a read and i'suppose  she has just read like 50 pages and she keeps saying its rubbish!ShockedOuch and saying to me "why am i wasting my time!?" (Getting paranoid, just by typing this...lol!) OuchLOL

So the bottom line is that, its bugging me! And the most annoying thing is that she is not the only one in my exsistance who thinks that same! She's just outdone the rest in terms of her comments!Ouch

What shall i do!? My Bro suggessted i "punch" her!OuchLOL well i aint gonna take his adivce cos he wants to change me into a wannabe gangsta from a book worm!EmbarrassedWinkLOL LOL!

On my Facebook account! I have two friends who love Twilight like me! Thats Anisha and Megs! (From IF) EmbarrassedAll the rest havent even heard off it! Ouch

So do you have friends who bug you about Twilight or any other books? Do you ignore them?!

Just thought i share this!

Sam x

Edited by TINK - 24 August 2008 at 6:38am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are you fed up... like me?" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BengaliChica92

IF-Sizzlerz

BengaliChica92

Mahi Way Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:36am | IP Logged
LMAOROFL
Everyone have diff taste and stuff....There is nothing you can do about it beside just dealing with it......Ahahaha......I was liked that before....but Twilight got old for me.....Breaking Dawn killed the hype.....=S
anyways...soo yea just find something else to talk to her about or just dont talk to her.....

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Lol!LOL so do you have friends who dont like the books you read and make fun out off them!?

True...everyone has there own tastes! its just gets annoying when they say bad stuff about things they know nothing about!OuchConfusedLOL

Edited by TINK - 24 August 2008 at 9:21am

Mehreenie

IF-Rockerz

Mehreenie

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged
OMG i now excalty how you feel ok when i read twilight i talked about it 24/7 with my friends they hadnt even read it an they were like its stupid blah blah blah an i was like if u think its so bad an all then why dont u go read it an tell me
an after they read it their like omg its awesome
i was like i told you so
lol

Leenasmg

IF-Sizzlerz

Leenasmg

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

Awww!

My family is like that..they're like wots so good about the book...and then i get hyper and start explaining the story! LOOOL! But i don't care wot anyone thinks..i have a few friends offline who are like hyper about the book..which is gr8 and i have all my online friends..so yhh..i ignore all negative comments on the book!

And i got my sisters and MUM to read Twilight so thats a start! And my elder sister is with me there..she's like totally into the book..she's read the first three books...and is waiting for BD!

But i suppose everyone has different on views about reading and on certain books...so don't let it get to u!

Kim_

IF-Dazzler

Kim_

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Aww it happens, it's like when I talk about L J Smith books I go crazy about it, I am still crazy about it and people around havent even read it I talk on L J Smith forum but it's not staisfying enough as I want someone crazy as me to talk about her books...

And Twilight yes I was crazy about it just like that, and used to talk just like you, but no one understood and I'm the only bookwarm too in my surroundings sooo it is very difficult I can understand how you feel, no you don't wanna take your brother's advice she is after all your friend...

But we here for you, you can talk to us and bug us as much you want over Twilight Hug

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
All my friends love Harry Potter so we've never had to debate about that but we've often debated about what ships should have been and exchanged theories about Snape. With Twilight, a majority of my friends (me included) read it for the lulz so it's all fun. But I get a lot of rolling eyes for discussing Jane Austen's books and then threatening them to read it :D If they don't like it, we usually have a healthy debate about it. Afterwards, we crack some joke about it Wink.

I certainly don't think you should punch her. She's allowed to have her opinion, just like you are. If you can be vocal about it, shouldn't she be given the same courtesy? :P Exchange your views =) I believe it'll help you both understand each other better.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudent

-SabzWay-

IF-Rockerz

-SabzWay-

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Well, none of my friends are like that, infact, my school friends are the ones who convinced me to read Twilight. Every girl in my class would have a copy of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn in her hands and would talk about it all through class and I'm one of them!Day Dreaming The only person who bugs me about Twilight is my younger sister.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.