Miscellaneous

India-Forums

Police Lady And The Late Teacher

Manzz Coolbie
Manzz
Manzz

Posted: 22 August 2008 at 12:04am | IP Logged

Hello

Bizarre or funny things that really have happened!

OUR small town was recruiting for the police force, and women were encouraged to apply. Since I had studied criminal law in college, I considered applying. My husband was not enthusiastic. One day when we were in the car, still arguing about whether I should apply, my husband spotted an officer directing traffic. "Officer!" he shouted. "Will you please tell my wife why the police force is no place for a lady?" The traffic officer turned around and strode purposefully toward us. "Tell your wife what?" she asked, removing her hat to reveal a cascade of curls. I submitted my application that same afternoon.

Edited by Manzz - 22 August 2008 at 12:05am

Manzz Coolbie
Manzz
Manzz

Posted: 22 August 2008 at 12:06am | IP Logged

Hello

Bizarre or funny things that really have happened!

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'

A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the
teacher, she's dead."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top