Debate Mansion

Question: Blood Transfusion from someone else..

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 21 August 2008 at 9:48am | IP Logged

This is a question for thought, nothing related to real life or anything....

I was asked if I needed a blood transfusion would I take the blood.

My answer was yes I would take the blood.

Then my answer was followed by a second question;

What if the blood was from the person who eats meat/pork/beef etc..(and you dont eat meat, or pork or beef etc..)...

I already have my answer, but wanted to know what yall have to say... Think its pretty easy to answer..Saving someones life is more important regardless of where the blood came from..

In my head I said I would go to India (or find a fam member) but if someone needs blood desperately (i..e within1hr due to emergency accident) they won?t have the time to look for blood from a vegetarian/non beef/prok eater or have the time to fly to India.

What are your thoughts homies?

Edit:
Just spoke to my sister who is becoming a Doctor..
She says the body filters out the blood with the organs, just a thought..But its not like BAM, brand new blood etc..

"During systemic circulation, blood passes through the kidneys. This phase of systemic circulation is known as renal circulation. During this phase, the kidneys filter much of the waste from the blood. Blood also passes through the small intestine during systemic circulation. This phase is known as portal circulation. During this phase, the blood from the small intestine collects in the portal vein which passes through the liver. The liver filters sugars from the blood, storing them for later."

Edited by AsliiGuy - 21 August 2008 at 10:09am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Question: Blood Transfusion from someone else.." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sabah

Goldie

Sabah

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:06am | IP Logged
well i think its okay..in my opinion blood is pure and it is alright to take some1 elses blood in such cases

RAJAYE_HIND

Goldie

RAJAYE_HIND

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Hello Bhaiya, nice topic, to my opinion I am being a pure vegetarian and non alcohol drinker, would say that when people go and donate blood, no one knows who that person is. Blood is checked for every possible diseases,  like Aids hiv positive, TB or any blood problem.. But in India we donot know that this is properly done or not. Back street abortions, operations, kidney trasplants and other things, I would not say that it is very safe in india whether or nor not you eat meat or not. Even many diseases these days you get through eating meat like mad cow disease, chicken with chicken flu, and so on. Then again 8 out of 10 hospitals do not carry enough blood to use in case of emergencies. I have so many doctor friends and they say the same as well. Hygiene in the hospital especially pathological depts are not clean enough. You know the best my dear friend.

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RAJAYE_HIND

Hello Bhaiya, nice topic, to my opinion I am being a pure vegetarian and non alcohol drinker, would say that when people go and donate blood, no one knows who that person is. Blood is checked for every possible diseases,  like Aids hiv positive, TB or any blood problem.. But in India we donot know that this is properly done or not. Back street abortions, operations, kidney trasplants and other things, I would not say that it is very safe in india whether or nor not you eat meat or not. Even many diseases these days you get through eating meat like mad cow disease, chicken with chicken flu, and so on. Then again 8 out of 10 hospitals do not carry enough blood to use in case of emergencies. I have so many doctor friends and they say the same as well. Hygiene in the hospital especially pathological depts are not clean enough. You know the best my dear friend.

good words Bhaiya, i have to agree..Some ppl dont know the other side unless they know ppl who work in hospitals etc.. Good point about 8/10 hospitals not carrying blood etc..

I have sene the machines that filter the blood out for testing (never really for sotring etc..)..Its impressive!

Good discussions and points all.

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Nice topic to discuss Asli....

For me Life is very precious - if giving blood helps it - then I'm up for it

I used to donate regularly and beleive very strongly in the concept.

As a healthy individual, it is a small thing to do if it saves lives.

Have a good day!

AngryMAngry

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Nice topic to discuss Asli....

For me Life is very precious - if giving blood helps it - then I'm up for it

I used to donate regularly and beleive very strongly in the concept.

As a healthy individual, it is a small thing to do if it saves lives.

Have a good day!

AngryMAngry

very nice of u to donate like that...I wish i can do it...Im so scared of needles..

ummmmm

ummmmm

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 9:19pm | IP Logged

good question!

i don't know how to answer this one. although i am not a vegetarian, i don't eat pork, so i can understand how getting blood transfusions can conflict with beliefs. however, as others have mentioned, you never know who you are getting blood from when you go to the hospital (unless of course someone you know donates blood to you that moment). in the same sense, when you donate blood, you never know who will end up receiving your blood; for all you know, it could be some gangster who sells drugs and gets caught up in robberies and shootings every weekend.

amalia

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top