Brett Lee splits up with Liz Kemp (wife)

Posted: 15 years ago
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=618270

there's the link..

now i have my chance...πŸ˜‰....hehehe...actually i hope he's ok....good luck 2 him!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leo thumbnail
Yeah...heard abt it...! I think he is in "search" for some dimpled lady...! πŸ˜ƒ
Poor Liz .... she must have felt bad...
err...not poor Liz...poor Brett...she's the one who wanted to get separated as brett can't spend 2 much time wid her
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

Yeah I read..abt dis news..yesterday..I ws so shocked..I dint hv ny news...abt dis..

I feel bad for Preston..hu is d son of Br8 n Liz..bt dint even thot..tht dey will nt be together..
I hope..Br8 is nt going thru a bad phase..Hope..both of dem..hv split..in a cordial manner..

N Ya..i hv a chance..haha..even though he is double my age..!
Leo thumbnail
^ I think Brett has opted out of the Bangladesh ODI series citing personal problems as a reason..
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

Australian cricketer Brett Lee was last night 'shocked and saddened' and pleaded for privacy after confirming he and wife Liz Kemp had split.

Lee's family rallied around the blond-haired pin-up who has bypassed the Australian team camp in Brisbane this week and the one-day series against Bangladesh in Darwin beginning next week to sort out his personal life.

Lee, 31, and podiatrist Kemp, 31, had been married for two years. The couple have a son, Preston, 20 months.

Close friends of Lee were adamant there was no third person involved in the couple's separation.

It's understood Kemp initiated the split last weekend, leaving one of the most popular players in world cricket stunned.

"He is shocked and saddened. He loved her," a friend said.

"He was 100 per cent committed and loyal to her."

It's understood Kemp has made several trips to her home state of Queensland recently with suggestions she was already planning a new life.

It's believed those close to Lee also had concerns that she had been spending up.

Lee, believed to have bunkered down at his home in the Sydney suburb of Lane Cove, confirmed the split in a statement yesterday.

"We have been caught by surprise as to how quickly our situation has become public," Lee said.

"It is with regret that I confirm media reports are correct and that Liz and I have decided to separate.

"Given the personal nature of the matter I ask that you please respect our privacy as we attempt to deal with this sensitive situation."

Lee and Kemp were married in June 2006 at the NSW country property owned by radio broadcaster Alan Jones.

Reading dis article..makes me lyk Br8 lee..even..more..!!!cuz mny ppl..lyk him..bt still he ws loyal to her..!!n he luved her..n I hope..he dint opt out of the Bangladesh tour..!!thnx..for telling Shruti
Leo thumbnail

Thanks for posting the article...the news is more clear now...Hmm...its kinda surprising that Liz was the one who wanted to separate from Br8...I mean...i have this thing stuck in my mind that white guys are not commited in their relationship...they take it for granted...(heyall...i dun wanna hurt n e one's feelings..! this was my thought...) but it turned out to be the other way round...

divorce is a sad thing that could happen....i hope their son doesn't get negatively affected by all this...
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
I heard about this in the news and at first felt very sorry for the couple (seperation is always painful) though I couldn't help but think......girls.....get in line 😎 πŸ˜†

Thanx for the articles πŸ˜ƒ
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
Guys, what's the latest on Brett Lee? Any info on what's been happening?
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Aaliya..u think..I wont no nythng abt recent happenings on Brett LeeπŸ˜³πŸ˜†..I go to his site..everyday..to check out wht he is doingπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
N here is the article which is on rediff.com

In what may come as good news for cricket fans, Australian fast bowler Brett Lee [Images] has announced that he will be available for the four-Test tour to India next month.

The pace spearhead had taken time off the game and spent sometime with his team mates on Thursday after he split with his wife, Liz Kemp, last month.

The 31-year-old, who missed the one-day series against Bangladesh after being given time off to deal with his marriage breakdown, declared himself ready for selection for the four Tests against India.

''Absolutely. I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait,'' he said.

The speedster further said spending time away from the game has worked well for him, and, ''I am looking forward to achieving my long-held ambition of playing a Test match in India''.

''That's something that's been burning inside of me for a long period of time now, so I will be looking forward to getting over there,'' he said.

''The crowds are brilliant, the people are so friendly and lovely.

Thought it's a tough place to play cricket but very enjoyable,'' Lee added.

Adding that it was good move to get away from home for a day, the pacer, who was the fastest to reach 300 ODI wickets, said, ''I thought it would be a wise move to get out of Sydney and just come up here and spend some time in Darwin and see how the lads are going and get back into the feel of things again.

''I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks,'' he affirmed.

Lee said this visit would allow him to speak with coach Tim Nielsen about his preparations for India.

He further said his time out had freshened his body and mind.

''The time I've had away from cricket both physically and mentally, it actually freshened me right up so I hope down the back-end this is going to prolong my cricketing life,'' he said.

''I've had a bit of time away from cricket, '' Lee asserted.

''I'm right, I'm feeling fit, I'm feeling fresh and I'm looking forward to the next tour.'' Lee also took part in Australia's [Images] light recovery session, comprising kicking footballs around, following the side's win over Bangladesh in Wednesday's second one-day match.

However, Lee's availability for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy defence is a major boost for the team which is likely to fill up the absence of all-rounder Andrew Symonds [Images], who sent home from Darwin last weekend for disciplinary breach and his future with the Australian team is now in doubt.

The Australian squad is expected to be announced next week and will depart for India on September 21.

He is so cute..He wnts to cum to India..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³bcuz of it's culture..n cuz crowds cheer fr jim(Lyk MeπŸ˜‰)..N i really hope..he plays to his potential..even after his split..😳Wish him best of luck for the Indian tourπŸ˜›