Twilight

Love Totally Bites! Edward and Victoria :interview

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

xyounngLOVE

IF-Dazzler

xyounngLOVE

Posted: 14 August 2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

Love Totally Bites! We Talk with 'Twilight's' Edward and Victoria!

*Hey guys feel free to discuss your views on this interview but if all you want to do is thank me for posting please use the Thank you button. Enjoy! I thought it was a very interesting interview because R-Pattz and LeFevre understand their characters really well!  Wink

August 8/12/2008, 2008 4:36 PM by FEARnet

Hold onto your striped socks ladies and gents! We got a chance to chat with two of Twilight's biggest and most lovelorn stars--Robert Pattinson, who plays vampire heartthrob Edward Cullen, and Rachelle LeFevre, who plays the scarlet-haired and scarlet-eyed bloodsucker Victoria. They chewed on our questions about transforming into immortal beings, and told us why being a vampire is tougher than it looks. (And yes, Robert Pattinson is every bit as vampy in real life as he is onscreen.) So put down your copy of Breaking Dawn now, and check out what they had to say!

So what's it like to be in one of the most anticipated films of the year?

Pattinson: Oh it's terrible. No, it's kind of terrifying in a lot of ways. I still can't really come to terms with it. It's just strange. I'm always just sort of terrified. As soon as one person started to recognize me. When people come up their always really nice anyway so it doesn't really make any difference. I'm just a good freaker-outer. (he laughs) I don't know if that's a very good answer.

What's your vampire's background?

LeFevre: Well, I play Victoria who is an evil nomatic vampire, the mate of James. And the two of us, together with Laurent, discover Edward and Bella and James becomes obsessed with Bella. As his mate I make it my mission to track them and as a result we make their lives which are already difficult pretty much a living hell.

Pattinson: That was a really good answer. How come I can never answer questions like that?

LeFevre: My dad's an English teacher and my mother's a psychologist.

Pattinson: My dad makes German techno music. My character is Edward Cullen, he's a kind of semi-reluctant vampire who doesn't really know why he even exists. He's constantly thinking 'I want to die, or be a human because being a vampire is so utterly pointless.' And then he finds this girl who he initially want to devour and then it turns into all consuming love for her, and it's very difficult for a vampire to be in love with someone he wants to eat all the time.

When you were cast and read the book did you think, 'Well I'm really beautiful so I'll be good at this?'

LeFevre: (laughs) Yeah he just looked in the mirror and was like, 'It's in the bag.'

Pattinson: No, I mean that's kind of why I was kind of tortured before the casting. I read the book and was like 'Well this is really dumb I'll never ever' this is so pointless going up for the role.' Which is what a lot of the fans said, after I was initially cast. They were like 'He wasn't even on the shortlist!' It is kind of weird. I've spent a long time thinking, 'How can I take the whole beautiful thing as an interpretation?' And I realized that it's just Bella saying he's so beautiful and she's just in love with him and obsessed with him so he could be like a piece of cheese and she would think the same thing.

Stephanie said that when she was on set watching you perform as Edward it was just like the image in her head. The story is always from Bella's point of view and we don't always understand what's going on in Edward's head. Did you have conversations with her about the character?

Pattinson: Yeah, in Twilight it's always difficult to understand what he's thinking because he's always hiding things from Bella. When I read the unfinished Midnight Sun, which is from Edward's perspective, that kind of changed things, it helped. I guess I just tried to think, if you've been bitten by some guy when you're unconscious and you wake up and you're eternal and you have super-strength and super-speed and you want to kill people and drink their blood and before that you're perfectly normal 17 year old and then you wake up 3 days later and you go off and kill a bunch of people' what is that as a character? Rather than thinking right from the beginning he's a vampire, he was just this normal guy who just got bitten.

Rachelle, your character has more to do in the later books. Did you read the other books?

LeFevre: Oh yeah definitely. I had to because the three books were already out there and I thought what if I make a choice-just because its not in Twilight it might already be out there- and what if I make the wrong choice? You have millions of people who have read these books and I got a little bit terrified and was like 'I have to take this really seriously because people love it so much.' But, also, after I read the first book I knew that whether or not I got cast I was going to read another book.

Were you a fan of the vampire genre before this movie? Were you influenced by any other vampires?

LeFevre: Well you were saying you liked Nosferatu'

Pattinson: I wasn't really like a massive vampire fan. I kind of like the idea of them and I liked the way traditional vampires moved. It's nice to play a vampire because I'm not the most athletic of people... it's the slow movements I'm better with. But yeah, the vampires in Twilight are nothing like other vampires. They don't really even look like vampires.

LeFevre: Well we were talking about this before, in Stephenie's world you have to find your character first. Like you were saying with Edward you got just got bitten. You have to say 'Who was I before,' and then, 'Who would I be as a result of this virus I get?' If you start with just being a vampire it's all surface. It's like showing up somewhere and telling someone what you do for a living and being judged on that. It's just a title. So, we all worked really hard to figure out who we were within the confines of that world.

Pattinson: It's much more tragic as well when you look at it like that. Superman is not looked at as a tragic figure at all. But, vampires kind of are.

LeFevre: Because you're human first.

Pattinson: Even though in Twilight Carlisle-who's the kind of head of the clan- only turns people into vampires when they are about to die and the only reason they respect Carlisle after they've changed is because he's kind of a saint. He's never killed anyone. They all have...

Edited by .::ANiSHAXx - 14 August 2008 at 1:30pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Love Totally Bites! Edward and Victoria :interview" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*~Kaynaat~*

IF-Dazzler

*~Kaynaat~*

Posted: 14 August 2008 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
thnx for sharing!
i feel like i've watched this interview in a video on youtube,anywayz rob is sooooooo lucky he got read midnight sun!!!

Sabah

Goldie

Sabah

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 12:58am | IP Logged
OoOoOoOoOo.....
THanks for sharing!!

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Thanx for the info! and Midnight Sun has been LEAKED! LOL!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top