What makes a good Fan fiction? - Page 4

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by bhoomikauttam

I think the storyline for sure... many times for many twist the hcarcters.. but what i find I write ssimple stories not many twist as well... but readers like the treatment , the screenplay how the story is told in each writers own special way....

Every writer has a distinct way of story tellgin and i guess readers can make that out and like that style....

Any segment storyline whcih touches a cord is loved be it romance or sad moments... I usually like when i can visualise teh whole sotry and when i find a lot of situation which can happen in real...

Like Kat in one of ur ff .... as when u describe the small tits bits in themind of ridhima while the sotry is flowign it s a differnt style and intrstign one.. whic i think only u can carry off..

I guess anyone can do that babes...😉

at the end of it al story line is a must warna just romance an dtoo much of it.. will surely for me atleast make it too bitter at the end of the meal... too much chocolate can make it taste too bitter u see...

Aghhhh love the chocolate ref...ur right we should not over to the pot keep it balanced just right👏

Love Kat
as a reader what capture's me is the setting of the characters, i guess with the ff's i read at the moment - i can connect to a character in some way or another - and thats what keeps me reading and wanting to know how the character shapes out.

also i like twists in some cases as then im intrigued to know how the writer handles the situation

and when i can relate to some of the scenes and visualise them whilst reading the parts, thats what i think only some ff writers can carry off, since it is hard to pen down exactly what you want and how you want others to perceive it

i dont mind a tense part in ff's i actually think that it shows how versatile the writer can be, rather than writing romance or cute scenes showing a bit of tense moments can also make agood ff - as they say variety is the spice of life lol

anyways i think a good story line, the charcters and a few twists here and there make a good ff.

i think im done with my pennie's worth lol, but nice topic Kat

Sania
Edited by ArmiandRidz4eva - 15 years ago
oki late as usual in spotting a topic worthwile,....but here i go....

#1...i want to able to relate to the characters,....in some way atleast....n so realistic storylines...i mean its all a fic at the end of the day....but if the characters can appear real, i think it makes the read worth the time.....

#2...oki no hypocrisy here....but somehow i cant but help give a concerned dam to the language, english hindi watever...but grammer, stance, lingo....even slang used....i dont feel the story touch me deep if the flow in language isnt absolute....think um the only one really fussy abt it, so wont generalize it at all as a criteria....

#3 the plot, the twists, the characters...indispensible of course....but personally, i think its not the characters which build a fic, but the fic which builds characters.....for any n every good piece of literature i ever read, i fell in love with characters i had never heard or known og before...simply coz the author cud create that magic!!!

#4...think my whole idea of a good write up zeroes down to me being able to actually close my eyes n see it happen...it that holds true the fic for me is a hit!!!

ps:great topic kat....trust u to come up with fab ideas no matter wat!!!👍🏼
Edited by spln - 15 years ago
Characters are really importants, most people read a FF because of the couple its based on. I'm not saying thats all fair, but I guess I can't deny the fact that the popularity of a couple adds to the FF. [ex KaSh/AR vs. Sashank-Padma/Shubh-Keerti, most people would be more excited for the KaSh/AR fic..]

Concept is a major attribute, sometimes, when I go to read a FF, and they have concept thats too familiar, or used to much..I usually don't read it, because it'll feel like you're reading the same thing over and over. [ex Good girl meets bad boy come good boy, so used, so old!]

Whats included in the story, I'd rather read stuff thats casual, not to dramatic. Something I can relate to or something I've seen or experienced. [ex having the main character wanting to sacrifice any and everthing for her/his family vs. having her/him love the family, but thinking about themselves twice first]

This is all strictly from a readers point of view!

Krupa
Cheers guys i guess we all see thing differently when it comes to Fan Fictions and our likes.

Great comments by everyone..👏

Love Kat🤗
A good FF is something... which one can relate to reality and see... but sci fic are exception... they are mainly meant to express the imagination... but it too becomes a part of fiction...

A fiction arises in two instances: when the original character is losing its essence or when the story is loitering somewhere in air without any grip...

Mainly when the characters are based on the serial, then for us, readers, it becomes easy to put a face to the character and imagine... (dil mein poori film chalta hai...) in that case... we, readers prefer those FF if they are based on our favorite serial characters... like AK, SK, now AR...

if the FF is just merely a story that we need to create a face for the imagination... then in that case... i am lazy  😳 to imagine more... 😃 

i guess i have poured out my heart 😉 thanks for opening such a topic... it really makes us think... 😊

Love u Kat 🤗
great topic kat

well as a reader i would have to say persoanlly
its the characters used that attracts me most of the
ones that i read are all AR/KASH ones bt in general it
has to be how ff's focus on the storyline,the twists the romance
its nice to read differnt things and i think every1 whu posts alwys try to make there ff unique and have there own style and its nice reading it

and it gives me good ideas for my a-level english lol ;p
kat one more....i think a good title is an eye catcher....at least for the instant!!!
brb & ahh if only i'd seen this earlier i would've made it the DOTW!!!! =(

As they say "First Impression is the last impression"...Like that only the first impression that is the "Title" on the FF needs to be catchy...

Then the couples... I just love reading AR & RM FFs!😉..Bcoz in that case one can connect to the FF!

After that comes the storyline.. The storyline shud be realistic which u can relate too.. I like those FFs which r in which the situation is explained.. I also do that.. I usually don't like those FFs which have short dialogues or the situation isn't explained.. It makes hard to understand and that too if the Reader is a Tubelight lyk me😆..

The Story can be as short as one part but explained!!

P.S- amazing topic Kat di🤗..Luv ya😳

-Kanika😳