Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

why is Ismail Darbar jobless?

Indradhanush thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Any idea why is ID jobless these days and mostly destined to mentoring reality shows: the guy who gave  music for movies like HDDCS, Devdas etc, why are musicians like Himesh/Pritam preferred over him?Does the answer stem from the fact that completely classical  based music is not generally accepted now a days  or the reason is some thing different..??

Your 0.02$ please........

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think,he mentioned that he is not taking any more projects.Wonder why !
Indradhanush thumbnail
Hmmm not really if any composer stops working for a while his quality and output suffers, he is not getting work IMHO.
I think he is out of work thanks to his stupid sky-high ego and bad attitude🤢

I don't like people who use creativity as an excuse for being rude and obnoxious.  This is how I see Ismail Darbar, the person.  However, I simply adore his compostions...whatever handful of them we have till date.

He is talented and there is a demand for his kind of music.  His kind of classical based music never goes out of fashion.  It's always in.  It's his attitude and outlook that keeps producers away from him.
btw, he cracks me up when he promises someone a song in his next movie😆  both Ismail and Adesh refuse to accept that there's no "next" movie😆
Indradhanush thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

I think he is out of work thanks to his stupid sky-high ego and bad attitude🤢

I don't like people who use creativity as an excuse for being rude and obnoxious.  This is how I see Ismail Darbar, the person.  However, I simply adore his compostions...whatever handful of them we have till date.

He is talented and there is a demand for his kind of music.  His kind of classical based music never goes out of fashion.  It's always in.  It's his attitude and outlook that keeps producers away from him.

Hmm really Gauri...? I have heard Salil da, Sajjad and S D Burman were tough nuts and didn't change their tunes on request of film directors just like that, in fact S D Burman had a fight with Shakit Samanta on a composition which was later on changed to roop tera mastana...but all of them good amount of work (except Salil da but for a different reason)
There could be layers of truth under what appears simple. I am sure no one can show attitude and ego to producer/director and all this reality show has groomed him enough to keep his ego down, nevertheless when there is dearth of good music eventually it is we who suffer.
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

btw, he cracks me up when he promises someone a song in his next movie😆  both Ismail and Adesh refuse to accept that there's no "next" movie😆

BTW Aadeshji has promised to help Tarun with his sister's marriage 😃
aneek paul thumbnail
My personal view point is Ismail's creation  of all songs in hum dil de chuke sanam is one of the finest. I can listen Tadap Tadap thousands of times without getting bored. His  music is something different which easily pass through your heart and soul. It is pity that he is jobless right now and his type of creations are overshadowed by pritams imported music.
However as someone said earlier he does have big ego problem. I dont really enjoy him watching in VOI these days.
This content was originally posted by: Indradhanush

Hmm really Gauri...? I have heard Salil da, Sajjad and S D Burman were tough nuts and didn't change their tunes on request of film directors just like that, in fact S D Burman had a fight with Shakit Samanta on a composition which was later on changed to roop tera mastana...but all of them good amount of work (except Salil da but for a different reason)

See, there's a difference between "sticking to your guns" and "throwing tantrums".   Not turning in your work in a timely manner or just give someone a hardtime just to throw your weight around turns people off you.   If I am not mistaken, both SLB and Subhash Ghai had tough time with ID, the person, eventhough both agree that ID, the composer, is excellent.  No one has time to stroke other person's ego irrespective of their talent.  

There could be layers of truth under what appears simple. I am sure no one can show attitude and ego to producer/director and all this reality show has groomed him enough to keep his ego down, nevertheless when there is dearth of good music eventually it is we who suffer.

On the contrary, I feel all these reality shows have given them bigger heads.  The poor contestants are just too scared to speak their mind and put up with all their so called "gurus" cheap, and at times down right vulgar, remarks with their heads bent.  I remember ID telling someone ki woh vada-pao beycheyga railway platform per!  I formed my opinion about ID by observing him and his mannerism on these reality shows only.  Scripted or unscripted, ceratin people are just too glad to oblige the script writers for the sake of TRPs.  Not all compromise on their dignity.  Only some do.  This tells the viewers a lot about their character.....just my two cents here.

Totally with you on the bolded part above.  His music is sheer delight.  I hope he shapes up soon and  keeps his ego in check.

Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: aneek paul

My personal view point is Ismail's creation  of all songs in hum dil de chuke sanam is one of the finest. I can listen Tadap Tadap thousands of times without getting bored. His  music is something different which easily pass through your heart and soul. It is pity that he is jobless right now and his type of creations are overshadowed by pritams imported music.

However as someone said earlier he does have big ego problem. I dont really enjoy him watching in VOI these days.

I said the underlined part😆 and I am with you on bolded part above😊