Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

xsweetbabygyalx

xsweetbabygyalx

Posted: 11 August 2008 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
I live in USA but am anxious to visit Mumbai since I had been invited there. I am slightly scared of visiting Mumbai because I never been there before and I never traveled before. Can somebody please please please tell me what should I do the minute I arrive to the Mumbai airport?

I had thought about staying at Hotel Orritel West than searched for flats/apartments in Mumbai since renting a flat is a bit cheaper than staying at a hotel, I think Confused

I'm totally clueless, can somebody please tell me what to do?

Thanks Smile

Edited by xsweetbabygyalx - 11 August 2008 at 10:45pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai FIRST time" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

musicaddict1

Goldie

musicaddict1

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:16am | IP Logged
are u travelling alone????

if u are, then i can't really help u out as i've never been to india!

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:45am | IP Logged
My friend...
Traveling to India is great!
Most people are very nice, acutally 90% i would say..

I have been to many airports, but when I went to Delhi, it was under contruction (still is...)..But ppl were very nice, especially ppl u meet on the plane (maybe I have that nice guy looK?lol)..

Will you fly into Mumbai (BOM) airport? or through Delhi then go to Mumbai?

Well...First you gotta get off the plane, then go through customs (which is easy), then grab your luggage...

I would probably shop around for hotels online...But I think if you go there then it will be easy and cheaper to get a hotel etc.. Just make sure you get a safe one, esp if your a girl traveling alone.

Also give your fam friends your contact info, and hotel info too..
Also if you dont already have one, I would probably buy a India cell phone SIM card (if your phone takes one...)...

hmm..Will post more tips later...

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Have fun with ur trip. I have never been to India so I can't help

xsweetbabygyalx

xsweetbabygyalx

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AsliiGuy

My friend...
Traveling to India is great!
Most people are very nice, acutally 90% i would say..

I have been to many airports, but when I went to Delhi, it was under contruction (still is...)..But ppl were very nice, especially ppl u meet on the plane (maybe I have that nice guy looK?lol)..

Will you fly into Mumbai (BOM) airport? or through Delhi then go to Mumbai?

Well...First you gotta get off the plane, then go through customs (which is easy), then grab your luggage...

I would probably shop around for hotels online...But I think if you go there then it will be easy and cheaper to get a hotel etc.. Just make sure you get a safe one, esp if your a girl traveling alone.

Also give your fam friends your contact info, and hotel info too..
Also if you dont already have one, I would probably buy a India cell phone SIM card (if your phone takes one...)...

hmm..Will post more tips later...

I think I might arrive to Mumbai (BOM) airport directly. My cell phone does accept SIM cards. I am a GIRL who will be traveling alone. Thanks for your advice, I'll definitely follow it. I'm planning on going to Mumbai either this October or November or December but I want to know everything beforehand.

xsweetbabygyalx

xsweetbabygyalx

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
thanks musicaddict1, asliiguy, and Angeleyes 2 for taking your time in reading my post. Asliiguy thanks for your wonderful tips.

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Yar the plane tickets price is so expensive in December..Although I thnk its the perfect time because school is out.and work is a little easier...But the prices are so high...

I think Oct or Nov is perfect (especially for thanksgiving)...

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
MUMBAI is the bestt city in the world! U will fall in loveee with it!

The only thing is the horrible traffic!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top