Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 10 August 2008 at 5:56am | IP Logged
I enjoyed it, guys. Right from the beginning until the end. The way Pasupathy interacts with his kids reminded me of Rajkiran in Thavamai Thavam Irunthu. Meena was excellent as his foil, soft-spoken, starstruck with Rajni but still Pasupathy's soulmate.

You know what the surprise of the film was? Rajni. Really good acting on his part, something I hadn't seen since Annamalai. The last scene was so touching that you can't help shedding tears.

Waste - Vadivelu ( I don't know why people thought his humour was the highlight of the film) and Nayantara (who was there just to flaunt her body). But I really enjoyed the "making" of Chandramukhi 2.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kuselan Fiasco- A postmortem (Page 2)" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 11 August 2008 at 1:57am | IP Logged
I enjoyed the movie as well.  Agree with K, regards to the above posting.

I am a fan of Rajni, and I am glad he took a step back and let the whole film to focus on friendship.  Nayan came as herself in that movie.   Basically she had no roles to do, except to be at the location for the shooting.  I liked the part, where she greets Rajni, "hello sar..." and Rajni pretends to ignore her, and when she found out he was fooling, she starts to chase, it was so sweet.

Meena was sweet as well.  She was good.  I think on the whole, except for Vadivelu's stupid comedy which was sick, I enjoyed the whole movie. 

Btw, yesterday, I watched a bit of Kuselan's Audio in Suntv.  Rajni had given away 15lakhs from his pocket to the technicians.  Saw his daughter, and she looked gorgeous.  My mum told me she appeared for few secs in the song Cinema, Cinema.

You have to see this movie with an open mind.  That is what I did and enjoyed myself tremendously. 

My verdict.  Thumbs Up

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Heard Meena's terribly diappointed with the way the movie's being hilited as  a Nayantara one.....nobody saw Meena's head on the posters, did they?Wink

Priyadarshan has lashed out at P Vasu for focussing more on Rajni and thus sopiling the movie, the same way he did with Chandramukhi. He's promised tht in his Billoo Barber, SRK 'll appear only towards the end(just as Mammooty did in the Mal original) and tht the movie will be all in all an Irfan Khan one.

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Well, if you compare Kuselan with the Mallu version, definitely the Mallu version is superior. Like I said, Vasu tends to idolise Rajni. Who knows, maybe in someone else's hands, the film would have been much better.

But Kuselan, taken on its own, is a pleasant film. The focus on Rajni gave it a documentary-ish feel e.g, when Ashok Kumar is asked why he disappears to Himalaya, when is he venturing into politics etc.

I am not surprised why Meena is miffed, but Nayantara was smokin', totally irrelevant to the movie, but hey, flesh sells.Dead

Edited by Karthikka - 12 August 2008 at 9:02am

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Pyramid saaminathan says it made 20 crore in the first week. My dad told me last sunday itself that it flopped in karnataka. He told me that the distributors put in a lot of money and lost. As did my brother, who just landed.

Edited by jagdu - 12 August 2008 at 4:02pm

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 12 August 2008 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
So it is a flop? What a pity.

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 13 August 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Shocked flop???

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 14 August 2008 at 6:31am | IP Logged

My Dad went to a theatre for some site valuation and said he caught onyl abt 10 ppl watching the movie...which happened to be Kuselan!But tht's in Kerala...am sure the story's diff in TN!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top