Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Heard Meena's terribly diappointed with the way the movie's being hilited as  a Nayantara one.....nobody saw Meena's head on the posters, did they?😉

Priyadarshan has lashed out at P Vasu for focussing more on Rajni and thus sopiling the movie, the same way he did with Chandramukhi. He's promised tht in his Billoo Barber, SRK 'll appear only towards the end(just as Mammooty did in the Mal original) and tht the movie will be all in all an Irfan Khan one.
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well, if you compare Kuselan with the Mallu version, definitely the Mallu version is superior. Like I said, Vasu tends to idolise Rajni. Who knows, maybe in someone else's hands, the film would have been much better.

But Kuselan, taken on its own, is a pleasant film. The focus on Rajni gave it a documentary-ish feel e.g, when Ashok Kumar is asked why he disappears to Himalaya, when is he venturing into politics etc.

I am not surprised why Meena is miffed, but Nayantara was smokin', totally irrelevant to the movie, but hey, flesh sells.🤢

Edited by Karthikka - 15 years ago
jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Pyramid saaminathan says it made 20 crore in the first week. My dad told me last sunday itself that it flopped in karnataka. He told me that the distributors put in a lot of money and lost. As did my brother, who just landed. Edited by jagdu - 15 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So it is a flop? What a pity.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

My Dad went to a theatre for some site valuation and said he caught onyl abt 10 ppl watching the movie...which happened to be Kuselan!But tht's in Kerala...am sure the story's diff in TN!

Caryn thumbnail
Meena's pic was not on the poster?  That is sooo strange.🤔....... but she was on the posters in Malaysia.  She looked gorgeous inspite of homely looking 😊

Maybe it is a flop in other states because of either they are expecting it to be Rajni's pic or because of political issue. 
Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow! that sounds like a real bad review. i wouldn't be surprised if the critics pan this film because of the hype surrounding rajini's 'role' in it. it's pasupathy's film isn't it? it's totally unfair to him when all P.Vasu does is to hype rajini up to the level of a god.😡
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yup Leena, but believe me, its such a good story .............
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is from Behindwoods.com

Rajini?s offer rejected: Kuselan trouble intensifies
August 23, 2008
The financial mismanagement of Kuselan seems to have stirred up quite a storm as the distributors and theater owners stepped up their demands of compensation. We had reported earlier that Rajinikanth had flown down from USA to sort out issues and arrive at an amicable solution. He had offered to make a payment of 7 crores to the affected
Kuselan
distributors and exhibitors to cover the losses.

A meeting was held today which had representatives from the three councils ? producers, distributors and theater owners. At the meeting the distributors and exhibitors strongly resisted the offer of 7 crores and said that it was inadequate to meet their losses. Their stand is at 13 crores which at present is not acceptable to Pyramid Saimira who had bought Kuselan from Kavithalaya. The net worth of Kuselan?s sales to distributors is estimated to be around 60 crores.

Kuselan was a small movie made on a rather medium budget in quick time. The only big thing about Kuselan was the presence of Superstar. Yet the movie was sold for such huge prices because of the competition that existed between distributors and theater owners of the same areas who fought tooth and nail to get Kuselan. This artificially pushed up the rates of the movie. This has spiraled into a stand off between the distributors and Pyramid Saimira.

In view of the current stalemate of matters, it is more than sure that there will be another round of talks shortly to reach a settlement. Whether Pyramid Saimira bows to pressure or the distributors agree to step down from their demands will be interesting to watch. Or maybe the Superstar will have to take it upon himself once more to save the day.
Edited by netra_rama - 15 years ago