Debate Mansion

Going abroad is still overrated term? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 18 August 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
well I would say People living abroad enjoy a better quality of life than back in India. Yes, India is a booming economy but with rising salaries, the expenses are increasing as well. The luxuries that one enjoys abroad is far far better.

Also as a dollar is worth 40rs, its great coz u can save a lot here, invest back in india and gain on it. The interest rates are so high that its better to earn here and invesr there.

As for Culture, believe me, culture is followed more closely here as its a close knit community and people make sure that people respect and follow that.

As for family, nowadays atleast half the family members reside abroad so u dont even miss that much.

for me eg, I live in NJ and its a place where u get everything indian esp the place where i liv. So i enjoy everything indian and at the same time, enjoy the luxury that earning abroad offers.

The quality of life that u get here, I dont think we can get it in India in the near future.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Going abroad is still overrated term? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 21 August 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged
When I went to India, i spoke to many ppl, some 16, 20, 30 yrs old...W/ kids etc...

Those that were doing well (i.e. nice fmaily, stable job etc..) said they were happy with India...Those who were studying said they were going to do a MBA and hope for the best when  they get out..

Also some stated they wanted a foreign education, but wanted to come back to India..

I think India is on the same playing ground as the US and Erurope when it comes to Job competition, companies assist with Visa's , immigration status and would love talented ppl from India...I read somewhere that 38% of the ppl at microsoft and IBM are indians (this could be India, carriabean, European, Malayasian etc.. a Person of Indian Origin)...

All in all, India is not a country to leave, there are oppurtunites there for ppl who have proper access to reach those oppurtunites...

I told some friends who wanted to leave India, you think US is rich, its just a matter of a diff price...One Aloo Ghobi in India costs 40 rupies (for sake of thought), that same Aloo Ghobhi would cost 5 USD...But your Pay in India was 4000 rupees month, now ur pay in the US is 2,000 month USD...See its the same, just a difference in Price/pay!

But the biggest complaint I heard from some ppl was that the wealth/propsertiy of the nation was not being give equally..And this was addressed by the PM on the last Independence day speech...Equal oppurtunity to attain education and betterment of ones life..

I saw this first hand...At my BBA college (im in my MBA Now), the Engineering building had 90% Indians. Most  Indians were from India, Carribean, Asia... All were non-US residents on Student Visas...I went to the career fair for Technical majors (i.e. Engineers), many many many employeers did not care if you were a US citizen or not (only the Govt cared)...Meaning, they are willing to hire a Student and sponsor him/her on thier visa to become a green card holder...

I think it has to do with Talent shortage...

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 21 August 2008 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tina59

well I would say People living abroad enjoy a better quality of life than back in India. Yes, India is a booming economy but with rising salaries, the expenses are increasing as well. The luxuries that one enjoys abroad is far far better.

Also as a dollar is worth 40rs, its great coz u can save a lot here, invest back in india and gain on it. The interest rates are so high that its better to earn here and invesr there.

As for Culture, believe me, culture is followed more closely here as its a close knit community and people make sure that people respect and follow that.

As for family, nowadays atleast half the family members reside abroad so u dont even miss that much.

for me eg, I live in NJ and its a place where u get everything indian esp the place where i liv. So i enjoy everything indian and at the same time, enjoy the luxury that earning abroad offers.

The quality of life that u get here, I dont think we can get it in India in the near future.

Good point!

Have you ever been to Toronto? There are towns called "Little India" You will swear you are in India...Everyshop is an Indian related shop, almost anything you can buy there comes directly through the Port from India...

Also in the States, Houston, TX is also a heavily Indian populated area...Also NJ as u mentioned, also Jackson Heights (I think) New York...its Little India...

Sabah

Goldie

Sabah

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:13am | IP Logged
I would have to say that staying back in India would be just as good as coming here.

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Life is good India...obviously if you ahve money..!

But most of the people still prefer to go abroad because of working conditions and the money....!

An engineer in India may be earning Rs.20,000 (estimate) ...but if u go abroad...there are chances that u get paid the same amount in the national currency...! thats a lot of amount...!

plus working conditions are better...some companies pay you on an hourly basis...they pay u for overtime...which i haven't heard of in India as yet...I may be wrong..

But staying in India is better because you have the freedom....u have that freedom in other democratic countries as well....but the court's verdict sometimes tends to be biased...

In India...there is this media power...and stuff...ok...lets not get into that...

I don't think its an overrated term....True. India is developing...but Living conditions are better in abroad still...its a bitter truth..!

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 24 August 2008 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AsliiGuy

Originally posted by tina59

Good point!

Have you ever been to Toronto? There are towns called "Little India" You will swear you are in India...Everyshop is an Indian related shop, almost anything you can buy there comes directly through the Port from India...

Also in the States, Houston, TX is also a heavily Indian populated area...Also NJ as u mentioned, also Jackson Heights (I think) New York...its Little India...

Toronto...I want to go there once...!Big smile I also heard that Johannessburg is a Indian populated area..!

yea... I stay in the UAE....the Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Phillipine population is more than the native arabs..!so...i don't feel i am in a weird place or n e thing...but its a different feeling to be in India..! Embarrassed

But yes, if u wanna get paid well.....you can go abroad...nothing wrong in it...!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top