Raj, Muskaan call off dosti

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Raj Logani
Can a man and a woman just be friends? Some actors from Sony show Ye Meri Life Hai don't think so.

Shweta Tiwari's cousin Raj Logani (who played Garv in Ye Meri Life Hai for few days when Rahil Azam developed a skin problem) and Muskaan Mihani (Mandy) had a wonderful working relationship, which developed into good friendship when Logani hurt himself on the sets of Piya Ka Ghar.

"Muskaan came over to see me and we became friends. It was simply a courtesy visit. I realised that she is a sweet and simple girl. We began talking on the phone, but there was never any love affair or relationship between us," says Raj.

Muskaan Mihani
Tough decision

A few days later, Raj learnt that people were linking him with Muskaan. "One day, Muskaan called and told me what was happening on the set. She started crying on the phone," reveals Raj. "It had become unbearable for her." At this point, Raj and Muskaan decided they would never contact each other again.

Mental torture

When contacted, Muskaan confirmed that life had become hell for her on the sets of YMLH. "Today when we meet, we simply greet each other. I don't want to name the people on the sets who were saying these things, but it had become a mental torture for me."

Says Raj, "I told Muskaan we should stop talking to each other. The decision was not easy but it had to be taken to protect a respectable girl's interests. I told her I was a very open person and frankly didn't care what people said. But I didn't want her image to be tarnished, so we needed to take this step."

World-weary

"Even if she ties me a rakhi, people will not accept our friendship," says Logani. "They will still say we are sleeping with each other. I know this world. I know this industry."

According to Muskaan, who won the Miss Ahmedabad title in 2001, when she told the YMLH unit that Raj and she had decided not to talk to each other, they at once believed her and stopped gossiping. "It was so funny. I don't know what their problem is. I am from Gujarat and I thought such narrow-mindedness exists only there. But Mumbai is not different."

Muskaan, who has also acted in Zindagi Teri Meri Kahani (Sahara) and Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (Zee TV), further says that her parents have given her a few years in the industry.

"They want me to get married and settle down. I don't even want to be near a controversy. So I think Raj did the right thing." Muskaan and Raj have not had any contact in weeks. "It's been nearly a month since we last spoke," sighs Raj.

Does he regret losing a good friend? "Of course, I do. But I can't have a friend at the cost of she being unhappy and uncomfortable," he asserts.

wow ... its hard to blieve ... but hey thats the price of being in tellydom... (is that even a word???😕 hehe)

thanks for posting. 😊

awwww... thats really sad. 😭 They both lost a good friend because of this. 😭
Why can't people just be okay with a girl and a guy being friends? I mean seriously, dosti aur pyar mein farak hota hai, aur dosti ek ladke aur ek ladki ke beech ho sakti hai! Why can't people in our society just except this for once???? Personally, i think it's really stupid when people say things about friendship between a guy and a girl, whether it be labeling their relationship as something that it is not or being against that kinda of friendship. It is seriously pointless.

lol... what did i just do. Pura lecture type kar diya.

Edited by desi gurl - 18 years ago
wow some news tht is! i can't believe! thts sad buh also true..pata nahee why ppl do all tht..i mean its none of their business and wat wud they get from all those gossips! its annoying and even if u try to convince them wats true ..they still won't believe which forces upon taking such decisions! thts sad, i mean who made the concept/phrase that 'a guy and a girl can never be friend' this is totally false! buh ppl still stick to it and create issues! which at one point gets very disapointing!
😔
thanks for posting the article, barbie

Originally posted by desi gurl

thanks for posting. 😊

awwww... thats really sad. 😭 They both lost a good friend because of this. 😭
Why can't people just be okay with a girl and a guy being friends? I mean seriously, dosti aur pyar mein farak hota hai, aur dosti ek ladke aur ek ladki ke beech ho sakti hai! Why can't people in our society just except this for once???? Personally, i think it's really stupid when people say things about friendship between a guy and a girl, whether it be labeling their relationship as something that it is not or being against that kinda of friendship. It is seriously pointless.

lol... what did i just do. Pura lecture type kar diya. 😆

lol maine bhi!  and i soo agree wid u!

Originally posted by Manshaa__23

wow some news tht is! i can't believe! thts sad buh also true..pata nahee why ppl do all tht..i mean its none of their business and wat wud they get from all those gossips! its annoying and even if u try to convince them wats true ..they still won't believe which forces upon taking such decisions! thts sad, i mean who made the concept/phrase that 'a guy and a girl can never be friend' this is totally false! buh ppl still stick to it and create issues! which at one point gets very disapointing!
😔 

agreed!
wat utter nonsense,
why would people leave everyone and start gossiping about these two losers? no offense or anything but frankly i dont see the point in people trying to conjure up mirch for this relationship.. plain and simple, both actors are good, but they desperately need lives. Raj is fine but geez mandy needs to grow a backbone. haha i find it funny how she refuses to name peopel who supposedly inflicted mental torture upon her.. shes a liar plain and simple, because if u want to tell teh truth, tell the whole truth. dont make a statement and hide info.. it only serves in innocent (cuz innocent until guilty) people being unable to defend themselves..
wat a load of trash and wat a waste of ink!
i feel so sorry for the both of them though