Lots of new recipes....
and suddenly a big silence! (nothing happened for the last 16 days...!! )
Thanks to everyone who contributed recipes/comments to this thread...
Let's continue doing it... so one day when our Kavi dear comes back, will be happy to find her thread.... in action!
After my India trip, I wasn't able to contribute as I used to in the past, for various reasons... But here I'm... back to work! Let me break the ice by giving a sweet recipe....
Seven Cup Cake/Burfi
1 Cup Besan
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Grated Cocount
1 Cup Ghee
3 Cups Sugar*
1 or 2 cardamoms (optional)
*Here the sugar can be adjusted to best suit your taste. For me, 3 cups of sugar is too much sweet thus I added only 2 and 1/2 cups.
1. First take a thick bottomed pan and using 1 tbsp of ghee, fry the besan flour slightly in low heat.
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients into a different vessel. Crush the
cardamom and add that also to this mix.
3. When the flour cools down a bit, add the mix to the flour and mix it
well so that there aren't any lumps formed.
4. Now using medium-high flame, keep stirring the mix continuously until it forms into a soft lump and ghee starts to spread to the sides of the pan.
5. Meanwhile take a tray and spread a little ghee on it and keep it ready.
6. When the besan mixture reaches the right consistency, which usually happens in around 35-40 minutes from the time you started, pour the mixture into the tray and level it.
7. After it cools down a bit, cut them into desired shapes using a sharp knife and let them cool down for some more time.
8. When it completely cools down, pull them off the tray and
store in an air-tight container. It stays fresh and good for even upto a week.
9. Enjoy your seven cup burfis!
Edited by supree - 01 September 2008 at 12:11am