NEW RECIPE THREAD 3 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 59

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Ok here are 2 more fillings for the modakam.

Ulutham pooranam:
1/2 cup urad dhal soaked for about an hour.
dry red chillies to taste.
salt to taste
asafoetida - a pinch.

grind all this like how u do for vadais. Steam it in the idli cooker until done. Get it to a powdery consistency. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Put this pooranam and stir for a minute. After it cools , u can fill it in to the modhakams and steam as usual.

Ellu(til) pooranam: This is done on saturdays, offered to Saniswara Bhagavan and then distributed to as many as possible. You are not supposed to keep behind anything for the next day. Do and dispense the same day.

1/2 cup black til (ellu)seeds - soaked for 1/2 hour, washed and drained.
1/2 cup grated cocoanut
a pinch of cardamum powder
Jaggery powder as per taste.

Heat the pan with little water and add the jaggery (urundai vellam). Strain thro' a muslin cloth to remove any sand particles. Heat it again and when the water evaporates add cocoanut, til seeds and cardamum powder. The mixture will thicken. Take it out and cool. use as pooranam for modhakams. recipe given earliar by roja akka....i got it 4m archives..........thanx roja akka........lemme try this

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NEW RECIPE THREAD 3 (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:29am | IP Logged
Thanks ambi, dats my fav naa. Every year vinayagar chadurti, i wil force mum and attai to make lots of it lol LOL

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:35am | IP Logged

MATAR MUSHROOM

Ingredients

200 grams Peas (Fresh or frozen)
200 grams Button Mushroom
2 Large Onions (Ground to a paste)
4 Large Tomatoes (Blended to a paste)
1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
50 grams nut paste (Cashew nuts preferably, boiled for 5 minutes and ground to a paste)
1 Large Bay Leaf (
Tez Patta )
3-4 Cloves (
Laung)
1-2 Green Cardamom
2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
3 Tablespoons Oil
Salt to taste

Method:

Wash the peas and boil in water for 5 minutes or till they are cooked.Rinse in cold water, Drain and keep aside. Blanch the mushrooms in boiling water for 1 minute. Rinse, Drain and keep aside.

Now in a wok or deep pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the Bay Leaf, Cloves and Cardamoms. Immediately afterwards, add the onion paste, Ginger Garlic Paste and the Cashewnut paste. Keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the paste is pink/light -brown and cooked. Now stir in the Tomato paste and cook till the oil starts appearing over the gravy. Keep stirring so that the gravy does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Now add the Garam Masala and let it flavor the gravy. If you want the gravy to be a little more spicy, you can add some red chilli powder at this stage. Now add the cooked peas and blanched Button Mushrooms to the gravy and cover for 2 minutes. Your Matar Mushroom is ready to serve.

Tip: for a unique restaurant style taste, I use 'Badshah' brand 'Nawabi Meat Masala', instead of the Garam Masala.

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:36am | IP Logged
oh thanx jassie 4 a wonderful recipe & thanx netra 2 u too

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Jas, ur recipe super daa. I tried is today. Really, only mistake was not enough salt lol. And i cud not get the meat masala so i just use the normal ones. My gals enjoyed the gravy more lol.

Thanks jas

Vani19

IF-Rockerz

Vani19

Posted: 09 August 2008 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Thanks Malligai, Neths,  Ambi  and Jas for the recipes

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 13 August 2008 at 4:52am | IP Logged
ZUCCHINI PEPPER CURRY
this veggie takes just about 12 minutes to make!!!LOL
  • Zucchini, 3 medium size, skin removed and chopped to rounds

• Capsicum/banana Chilli, 1 medium size, chopped

• Tomato, 1 chopped

• Ginger, 1 inch, finely chopped

• Coriander, washed , finely chopped 1 cup or dry mint powder 1 tsp

• Lime/lemon Juice, 1 tsp

• Canola Oil, 2 tsp

• Skim yogurt, 2 Tbsp

• Water, 1/2 cup

• Red Chilli Powder,1 tsp

• Coriander Powder, 1 tsp

• Turmeric, 1/2 tsp

• Garam masala, 1/2 tsp

Preparation

1. Take yogurt in a bowl and mix well all the spices.

2. Heat a deep skillet and pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the spice paste of step 1.

3. Cook till a mesh type texture results and oil separates out, 5-7 minutes (stirring in between).

4. Add zucchini (torii), capsicum, tomato pieces, and lime juice and mix well. Cover the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.

5. Garnish torii - shimla mirch vegetable with coriander leaves or mint powder.

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 13 August 2008 at 5:39am | IP Logged
hey jassie thanx for the recipe............by the way can i use pickled Zucchini here!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top