1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 medium potato, peeled and grated

Icing
1 cup icing sugar
Extra orange juice - use accordingly
1 tsp butter
Lemon and orange rind, to decorate

Method
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add orange rind, orange juice, eggs and flour. Mix well. Squeeze potato dry and add to the mixture. Stir well to combine.
2. Spoon into a greased and lined 61/2 inch (17cm) round cake pan. Bake at 350F (180C) for 30 minutes. Test with screwer. It shd come out clean if its done.
3. Place a cake rack on top of the pan. Turn pan upside down so that the cake rests on the rack. Remove pan and cool cake before icing.
4. To make the icing: Put icing sugar into a small pan and add sufficient orange juice to make a firm mixture. Beat in butter, heat on very low fire briefly (or microwave on High 30 seconds) and spread over the cooled cake. 
5. Decorate with silvers of lemon and orange rind.
Posted: 15 years ago
Thanks for the potato orange delight sue maa.... 😉

Jenim, my recipe for mango lassi is very simple. 'However, I have one problem - I have not standardized it, so you may have to adjust the sugar to your taste.

Ingredients:

1 can mango pulp

1 carton plain yogurt

1 cup milk

Cardamom powder

Saffron strands

Sugar - 2 to 3 tbsp

Blend the yogurt and milk with a few crushed ice cubes, then add the mango pulp with the cardamom powder, sugar and saffron strands dissolved in milk. 'Add water to get the desired consistency - you should be able to sip through a straw - and chill for 2 to 3 hours. 'Place 2 straws in a glass with 2 or 3 ice cubes, pour lassi, seat your husband or loved one in the chair across from yourself, and both of you can sip slowly. 'You can also skip the hubby/loved one and just place 2 straws and close your eyes and drink deeply and slowly!

Edited by eljay - 15 years ago
Thanks Sue for the potato orange delight.

Eljay thanks for the mango lassi, I love that.
HAPPY ONAM TO ALL OUR MALAYALEE MEMBERS OF INDIA FORUMS..!!.👏
Originally posted by Vani19

Hi Supree, welcome back to recipe thread, and thanks for the Seven Cup Cake/Burfi 😊

Thanks for the welcome Vani and you are welcome!  😊 Do try it out sometime when you can.
Wow... so many new recipes... Neths, Sue Akka and eljay Thanks!!👏

Eljay, Thanks for giving the measurements for the Mango Shrikand!
And the Mango Lassi - mmm...m. ...I love Mango Lassi,   I'm going to try it out tomorrow for sure! - Thanks!  😃
Edited by supree - 15 years ago
Originally posted by eljay

Jenim, my recipe for mango lassi is very simple. 'However, I have one problem - I have not standardized it, so you may have to adjust the sugar to your taste.

Ingredients:

1 can mango pulp

1 carton plain yogurt

1 cup milk

Cardamom powder

Saffron strands

Sugar - 2 to 3 tbsp

Blend the yogurt and milk with a few crushed ice cubes, then add the mango pulp with the cardamom powder, sugar and saffron strands dissolved in milk. Add water to get the desired consistency - you should be able to sip through a straw - and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Place 2 straws in a glass with 2 or 3 ice cubes, pour lassi, seat your husband or loved one in the chair across from yourself, and both of you can sip slowly. You can also skip the hubby/loved one and just place 2 straws and close your eyes and drink deeply and slowly!

😆 😆 😆 Eljay.. you're so funny!

Yes, the loved one only likes candy / juicebox at this point, so she won't sit across from me to enjoy the mango delight. And I'll be more than happy to skip the hubby part. 😆 😆

Wow.. " I close my eyes and drink deeply and slowly".. your mango lassi must really be divine!
Thanks a ton for getting back so quickly with the recipe.

From your previous post to Sup's query, I believe it's the 32 oz Yogurt container that goes in the lassi making as well. Is there any particular brand Yogurt that you prefer to make this with? Is homemade "thachi" ok too?
And the milk 2%? Whole? Does it make a difference in taste?

Edited by jenim - 15 years ago
Happy Onam to all our Malayalee friends in IF 😊
I wish all malayalee friends and their family members a Very Happy Onam! 😊