Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Anees Bazmee denies replacing harman

khanrocks thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
<i>Singh Is Kinng</i> director Anees Bazmee denies replacing Harman

IndiaFM  | Tuesday, 05 August , 2008, 10:33

Post Love Story 2050, rumours of all kinds have been floating around concerning Harman Baweja. One of them pertains to Anees Bazmee unwilling to work with Harman in Sanjay Kapoor's home-production, which co-stars Genelia. What's surprising is the fact that Anees has already shot quite a bit with Harman, but with Love Story 2050 proving a box-office fiasco, the director is looking for a replacement, at least that's what is being said.

"Absolutely untrue," Anees Bazmee says. "There's no question of Harman's exit from the project. I have tremendous faith in Harman's abilities. Much before his father (Harry Baweja) launched him in Love Story 2050, I had expressed a desire to make a film with Harman. He is handsome, dances exceptionally well, is proficient in acting and most importantly, I have confidence that he would carry off the lead part in my film very well. So what if his debut film has failed? That's not the end of the world."

With this film Anees goes back to a genre he started his (directorial) career with, romance. "I've been itching to make a love story after making three back-to-back entertainers (No Entry, Welcome, Singh Is Kinng). I am really enjoying the experience," he says

Edited by khanrocks - 15 years ago