Twilight

My BD Review - SPOILER WARNING

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Its only been two days since Breaking Dawn is out, and already many people have finished the book. I got my book the day it released, and finished it 2am. I know many people have found it disappointing, and not upto the mark. Well, here's my completely unbiased honest review for the book.

***Warning - this review contains spoilers!***

Book 1: Bella

This part of the book was definitely my favorite, the last part of the human Bella's POV. It contained the marriage, the big night, and the big surprise. Yet... somewhere, somehow I found something missing. The description was perfect, but still I couldn't understand what was missing.

Book 2: Jacob

My least favorite part of the book, sorry Jacob fans... but this part is what really lost my interest and brought down my hopes. When things are from Jacob's POV, its hard relating to Bella's decisions and thoughts. Jacob thinks like a guy... and being in a guy's mind is so hard to relate to, esp someone like Jacob's. This part truly dragged on. Bella's choice to not kill the baby, Rosalie's obsession with the child, it all felt so wrong and I completely disagreed with Bella's choice. This part of the book spent most time talking abt the pack and Jacob, and all of that. This part got reallly good at the end, when it got more fast paced. The best part of this part of the book was definitely the hilarious Jacob-Rose chemistry😆

Book 3: Bella

This part I feel completely undecided about... It was so nice to see Bella as a vampire, but at the same time it felt so surreal. Bella wasnt the Bella we know anymore... she was the strong, cold, fast vampire who isnt clumsy anymore. I wasn't completely satisfied with this part either... even though all this time I'd been waiting for Bella to become a vampire. To see the once teenager Bella as a mother to Renesmee, and a wife to Edward... I felt quite disoriented with the book. I know many people feel Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is disgusting. But as I said before - how is it disgusting? He will always be whoever she needs him to be. I know its kind of a heartbreak for Jacob-Bella fans, but I had to hold in my laughter... this part was really hilarious😆 The ending was quite fast paced, and I liked the note that they ended the book on... how Charlie knew mostly everything, how Renesmee's future is secure, and how Bella can control her powers now.

I would rate this book 7/10. Not as good as Twilight or Eclipse, but definitely better than New Moon! It dragged on quite a bit, and there was less Edward and more Jacob. Overall, it was a good book - definitely not upto expectations which were pretty high. But I did like the note they ended it on, and I feel this is a perfect ending to Bella's story😊
Edited by *Kruthi* - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Def agreee with u!! Book two...i didnt liked it alll😭😭 Book 1..i liked itttt...the few chpters...their honeymoon..everything wass so goodd😛 i still liked the way the author described itt..so detailed...but i know something was def missin..maybe..she could have added something or..described it more..i dunno😕😕 i m almost done..i have a few chapters left!!

Usuallly the last book is the best..but in my opinion...it wasntt...stephanie...could have done much better than this😛 my alll time fav..Twilightttttttt!!!

Hope the endin of this book is not disappointin😳😳
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow everyone is saying that the other books arent as good,
lols i only read twilight so far,
dont think im gunna read teh rest...........
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^Def, don't miss out on Eclipse... its one of my favs!😳
Asha004 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
LOL!!U have a totally different view from me!!😳😆

Book One:A romantic part that I loved

I liked book one...but I agree on htis part that something was definitely missing....and the moment I found out Bella was pregnant,I totally got irritated....I was actually hoping that BD would be dealing w/ Edward and Bella's love growing stronger....I wasn't expecting a baby so soon

Book Two-My Fav part

I actually liked book 2 best...I don't know what it was but I'm thinking it was Jake's sense of humor that really made it all worthwhile in the end.I was so annoyed from the first book,that when I started reading JB's perspective,I was really impressed and regardless of the fact that yes it did deal more with the pack,we learned a changing side 2 JB's personality.We learned that even though he still loved Bella equally as he did in earlier books,he decided 2 face the reality of the situation and be happy 4 her.And regardless of the pain that she was putting him through😭😭->he still was around 2 help her in time of need and provide comfort...and i think this is why I loved JB's part the best....because he changed a lot,and not to mention he developed a soft side 4 the Cullen family as well....with the exception of Rose😆
😆

I'm so proud of him and as u all can see I am a fan of JB's....he's really something...still love Ed though...love both actually...both r special in their own ways....one can't compare the two....without one the other is nothing (*blush*blush) and without both Bella would not be Bella;)

**Will come back 2 edit Book Three later**

Book Three

I never imagined that Bella would eventually become a vampire....I never expected it...but I do agree w/ u that the Bella that we got used 2 from the beginning of this series disappeared...the one that made us giggle at her clumsiness,the Bella who was human just like the rest of us "human readers"....but I guess her vampire advantages saved her family and friends in the end against the Volturi.

Now,let's get 2 the Book three part....it was not the best part int he book....was a little disappointed in the fact that Meyer put a lot of emphasis on the Volturi...which seemed boring,in my opinion.Everyone probably knew nothing would happen 2 the family and their friends.....they were the beloved main characters 4 heaven's sake!!

But,the ending made it all worthwhile😉

6 things I hated about Breaking Dawn:
1)Bella's pregnancy
2)Bella's desire 2 have continuous sex w/ Edward in the first part of this book
3)Bella became a vampire
4)The somewhat disappointing storyline and the fact that due 2 this I felt a drag in some places
5)The fact that Jacob didn't really make a place in a special someone's heart (no don't say Renesme)Someone who he could have all 2 his own...this saddened me😭😭
6)It was the last book in the Twilight series😭

5 things I loved about Breaking Dawn:
1)Bella and Edward's romantic honeymoon
2)ALL of Jacob's part (some comedic relief)
3)Renesme's understanding nature...despite the fact that was still so young
4)The fact that Alice and Jasper did what they did 4 a significant reason and not what Bella had been thinking all along😉
5)The obvious growing bond b/w the Quilette pack and the Cullen Coven (the shape-shifters aka werewolves and the vampires)

Twilight rating:10/10
New Moon rating:8/10
Eclipse rating:9.5/10
Breaking Dawn rating:7.5/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But,I have 2 say...it was a pleasure reading this series...the best set of books I have read👏

Edited by Asha004 - 15 years ago
eternal thumbnail
well for me this last book wasnt that great....however i did enjoy the funny comments continuously throughout the book by jacob and emmett....love them

book 1: for me
well i really loved the wedding, but i thought there wasnt much of edward speaking at all in the book...his role was much less now...but yes however back to this i loved the honeymoon and was totally shocked by the sudden pregnancy....

book 2:
i loved the part when jacob found out about bella...and how he tried begging her not only for him but for edward...very sweet however i again have to say i hated the weak role edward had and i was hoping for my dialogues...and about the werewolves sigh...i expected more from them but i have to say this well was my 2nd favorite part of the book

book 3:
bella truly wasnt bella no more...i felt bad but then again she was awesome when her anger burst with jacob's imprinting lol...and beating emmett it was great....however then again i really expected a fight coming through...and i totally hated the volturi's role

sigh breaking dawn did not live up to my expectations after twilight and eclipse...edwards role was completely unimportant and well he and bella basically swapped roles...sigh...oh well i still loved it =D and i give the same rating about a 7 or 7.5
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I will 7/10 to this book!! Not a big disappointed..BUt also not that good as i expected!!😳
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Okay so....Kru, you know me too well, my review is exactly like your's!! I cudn't stand the whole Book Two concept...I rather it wud've been that part with Edward's POV, becuase I wud've loved to see what he thought about Bella keeping the baby.

But I'll post a full full review after...😳
misshotshott thumbnail
i most def agree with you.. the first book was the best but there was something missing.. and again like u said there was something missing.. i donno why but throughout the book i felt like there was something missing.. the whole ness and jacob thinggy, i guessed that was about to happen as soon as i found bella pregnant.. i was like wow.. n since we're already seen mayer use that whole thing with claire and quill i was waiting for jacob to imprint with ness...lol. i loved the ending cuz as alwayz iss bella and edward...great but yea there was something missingg.. n this book didnt hold me the all the other books did in this seriess..u noe like when we read twilight i personally couldnt wait till the next page but this book after the 1st book i wasnt so thrilledd.. but u noe it was a good ending in a sort of way.. i guess its cuz mayer wanted everyone happy in the end..lol..but i totally agree with your review!
shamlal thumbnail
okk welll for those of u still readig twilight n are thingin over and over again to read new moon or not...i say read it.,..i thought eclpise was amazin but new moon willl aways be my favorite it was a sort of change for bella and everyone....