Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: nitica_82

Recently, I have seen many people going after Vidya's life for rather amusing reasons- a bad dressing sense , no style element , mummy-aunty types etc etc etc..... chill people. Leave the girl alone. No matter what you say and no matter how much you bash her , the fact remains that she is a top-bracket actress - a breath-taking classical beauty with immense talent to match and what do you know ... people around her love her and her films work.

Ash is going on 35 , Kajol is 31-32, Rani is completing 30 , Kareena is going in her 28th year , Preity is 34 and Shilps is 36.... and still, Vidya is an aunty-mummy. Why? Because she is not a sexy , sizzling stylo biting her lip looking at a paper bag of french fries wondering what it will do to her ambition of achieving a size zero? You don't even want to consider how lovely , warm , talented and successful she is just because she is not blessed with a natural sense of style in clothes???πŸ˜•......Even in KK, I personally think Vidya and Shahid looked great together in soooooooooo many frames and complemented each other so well but the prejudiced thought of her being "older" -'tacky" -"aunty" etc. doesn't let anyone see that. And what older , man? Shahid is going on 28 and Vids is 30. Big deal! Ash is 34 and Abhi 32, so???

How many times have you gone ahead and trashed Kareena's size zero trend and her Saificious tom-toms which are more in news than her career? How many times have you felt like cracking Rani's pretty head because she is wasting her massive talent in YRF?  Everybody talks about how stylish and stunning the beautiful Kats is..... have we ever given two hoots about her baby-expressions and  her yogurt acting? We all love Aamir for the fact that he is such a supertalented man but how many times do we comment on his conceit ? SRK is the king of our hearts , so we conveniently sideline his black humour and his over-functional tongue.

Guys, we all have our likes and dislikes but when you criticize somebody, do it for substantial reasons and give credit where it is due.

Sorry if i offended anyone, πŸ˜†

I comepletely agree with you....πŸ‘

I'm getting sick and tired of Vidya bashing..really guys..its her life let her do what she wants and wear what she wants!!

and commenting about people's weight in my opinion is immoral! seriously unethical!😑
Nitica_82, you were so balanced in your post. Everything you said is true. We all do have a habit of letting the flaws of our favorites go by the waist side and just focus on the flaws of others. And Vidya is fine. I have given by reasoning way too many times on this issue. But she is a good actress, has a unique classic charm about her. Most importantly she can act, proving that time and time again and she does not look half bad when she wears the right things for her figure.
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Okay, i hv no problems with her age. Yes most actresses are like above 30. But the point is that they dont look their age. They have all maintained themselves perfectly well. Aishwarya at 35 can give a 25 yr old a severe complex

And if u say commenting on someone;s weight is unethical and immoral then why talk abt Kareena's size zero frame? Why call her anorexic? isnt that an offensive word?

Nobody is criticizing her for absurd reasons. Sure, shes a fine actress but unfortunately in this business acting is not all that you need.Nobody is saying she has to be a size zero, are Preity, Aishwarya, Rani, Bipasha etc size zero girls? but you dont see anyone picking on them for 'weighty' issues.  Fact remains that she is on a chubbier side which is certainly not a very positive sign so early in her career.

I saw KK (yes, with a very open mind) and i really felt that she looked older than Shahid. It is not because of how old she is it is because she has a slightly 'lady like' face and Shahid at 27 still has a baby face.

Yes, its her life, let her do what she wants to do. Then why do i see the same people bashing Kareena in different threads for a bad attitude or for apparently 'dumping' Shahid and for all the reasons in the world. One article on what her mother supposedly said abt Shahid's film and we hv a loing list of people bashing her.? Did anyone think that its her life and she can say /do anything tht she wants to?

Or for that matter Aishwarya is bashed only because she holds her husband's hand in public and is a little too expressive.

But that according to some is not absurd criticism!!!!! πŸ˜”

Looks and presentation are very important in a profession as glamorous as this, specially for actresses (right or not, that is debatable )If ur a celebrity and cannot take criticism then you have no business being in this business.

Nobody is criticising her acting abilities. She is no doubt one of the best actrsses we have today. But she needs to work on her body and dress up a little flamboyantly (flamboyant does not equal skimpy please) if she has to compete with the Aishwaryas , Deepikas and even the wooden but 'hot' (sigh!!) Katrina today.πŸ˜•

im sorry if my post hurt anyone, did not mean to offend anybody πŸ˜ƒ
Totally agree with you ...
People tend to hate vidya for not being dead skinny or looking perfect which is unacheivable. She did look great in kk with shahid and not old at all just my view.

These things are all superficial she is really talented not just rani etc but look at all the other actors male ones no-one says to them either i mean no offence to salman fans i love him to but he looks old with bags under his eyes and he had to a hair transplant yet no-one says anything about him or the other 40+
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
criticisms r always dere n vidya is not da only one...others ve been criticised too...da prob wid vidya is dat she cant handle criticisms...again n again she has been criticised for her awful dressin sense but she never accepts it ..infact she always blames her designers..now dats not a professional attitude...atleast after hey baby she shuld ve improved her dressing sense but in kismat konnection she even proves worse...when sum1 is a public figure ppl wil tawk abt dem n its not rong if ppl say dey dunt like vidya's dressing sense..every 1 has a rite to voice his opinions...no body is asking her to be size 0 or wear bikinis but atleast she shuld lose sum weight n wear better clothes ...n dats not too harsh a statement to say...criticisms can be very helpful ....kajol was criticised for her acting initially but she looked up to it n look how gud an actress she turned out to be same can happen wid vidya if she stops thinkin dat shez perfect n actually focuses on her awful dressing sense..
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wowwwwwww i jsut love ur psot hun..i absolutely agree with all ur points and love what uve said about srk...how true..

i hope no one is offended as this psot is a GREAT eye-opener and was needed!..

x Mrs.KaranSinghGrover x😳
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Koizakapoor

criticisms r always dere n vidya is not da only one...others ve been criticised too...da prob wid vidya is dat she cant handle criticisms...again n again she has been criticised for her awful dressin sense but she never accepts it ..infact she always blames her designers..now dats not a professional attitude...atleast after hey baby she shuld ve improved her dressing sense but in kismat konnection she even proves worse...when sum1 is a public figure ppl wil tawk abt dem n its not rong if ppl say dey dunt like vidya's dressing sense..every 1 has a rite to voice his opinions...no body is asking her to be size 0 or wear bikinis but atleast she shuld lose sum weight n wear better clothes ...n dats not too harsh a statement to say...criticisms can be very helpful ....kajol was criticised for her acting initially but she looked up to it n look how gud an actress she turned out to be same can happen wid vidya if she stops thinkin dat shez perfect n actually focuses on her awful dressing sense..

Sometimes, class, style , elegance are like talent - either you have them or you don't. It is not that Vidya doesn't try to go the diva way .....but she ends up wearing what she feels comfy in or what she thinks looks good on her. And she is cool with it. If she cannot be something that she is not , then, that's it. So, waht do you do about it? Trash all her good points and go playing the Pied Paper singing ballads on her dressing sense ?

My post is not about how good or bad Vidya dresses or how she takes the criticism . My point is simply that if there is one drawback in a person, you don't make an epic out of it, diluting all the other good things,