'Ye Meri...'s Annie changes, again!

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

'Ye Meri...'s Annie changes, again!
(13 January 2005 1:00 pm)
BY AB
Kavita Kaushik is the new Annie in Sony's Ye Meri Life Hai. For those who have been loyally following the travails of the simple Pooja, the original Annie, villainous to the core, was played by Smriti Joshi, who quit the show in September.
She was replaced by another girl, Aparna, who however didn't go down too well with audiences. The last one week has seen the entry of another Annie - this time played by Kavita Kaushik. Kavita has enough experience of villainy on the small screen - she plays Aryan's sister Manya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, and has just returned, along with Tisca Chopra to infuse the negative element in KGGK.

Veteran of villainy - Kavita Kaushik

As for Ye Meri..., Kavita says she will be playing Annie in her own style. (For those who want a taste of Kavita in other roles, check her out as the vivacious heroine Mali Naidu on Star One's telefilm Woh Dus Din this Friday, directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia).

While on YMLH, now that the YMLH characters are grown and out of college, the focus has shifted to the personal lives of each. The current tussle is between Pooja and Ronit, who has married Pooja's sister Purnima.

Smriti- leaving Annie for foreign shores

Meanwhile, the original Annie - Smriti Joshi - has taken off to do an UK film, titled Point of View. The film, she says, is being made for the international film festival circuit. In the film, Smriti's character is that of a girl next door, quite opposite to the fire-breathing teenager she portrayed in YMLH.

"I was having a great time in Ye Meri..., but this offer came along that gave me far more scope as an actor. I spoke with the producers and they agreed that I should not let go of the opportunity," she says. Watch out though, Smriti is open and willing to do more TV in India, once her four month shoot for the film is over!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

whoa how many times do they change her its getting annoying

anonmember thumbnail

While on YMLH, now that the YMLH characters are grown and out of college, the focus has shifted to the personal lives of each. The current tussle is between Pooja and Ronit, who has married Pooja's sister Purnima.

When did the YMLH characters grow up? And when did they finish college? Looks like YMLH went through a leap as well 🤢 Talk about fast-forwarding.

EJAZ#1FAN thumbnail
i like this annie the best. she acts very good
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonynyu

When did the YMLH characters grow up? And when did they finish college? Looks like YMLH went through a leap as well 🤢 Talk about fast-forwarding.

but dfat makez no sense cuzz on da day of Poornimaz engagement 2 milind pooja nn amandy n aronit an all returned frm goa trip wit flim course.....how du ppl grow up like dat

all are confused n now dey are confsing us audience

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
not again...dey change annie way too much.im gettin sick of it now
PreityGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonynyu

OMG..does that mean they wont show Pooja in college and trying to pursue her dreams anymore??? 😡

poison ivy thumbnail
hehe!! this is too confusing n way too weird!! if they dont show pooja in college anymore, then i think they are gonna b altering their own storyline!! cos, pooja is supposed to be folowing her dreams of becomin a director!!well, the producers better start thinkin real fast or else the show is really gonna jus dissappear!!