Debate Mansion

Government = Dramabaazi !!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Vampire26

Goldie

Vampire26

Posted: 28 July 2008 at 10:00am | IP Logged
 fools reside in india and without doubt i will say the jokers of india are these government people who just make tall and well built claims but do nothing . I stay in mumbai and every monsoon it rains terribly but none of the bmc officilas have uptil now taken rite measures to prevent this water logging . they have somewhat 300 crs riding on their backs and they were claiming that we will make mumbai a shanghai . come and visit mum every monsoon and  what a superb view we can get all the drainage pipes open and gutters flowing like bramaputra river ppl poor ppl who stay in slums they dont have place to sit thats what mum is all abut . i m a college goin student and i knw its soo damn difficult for me to communicate frm one place to another .
other thing when these elections come why do these stupid netas come and give those sleepy lectures that we will do this .
i just wanted to knw whether u ppl who stay out of india do govt do something for u or its a drmabaazi goin everyday ?
and what doin think these govt ppl r more worse than terrorists?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Government = Dramabaazi !!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 28 July 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by missgoody

fools reside in india and without doubt i will say the jokers of india are these government people who just make tall and well built claims but do nothing . I stay in mumbai and every monsoon it rains terribly but none of the bmc officilas have uptil now taken rite measures to prevent this water logging . they have somewhat 300 crs riding on their backs and they were claiming that we will make mumbai a shanghai . come and visit mum every monsoon and  what a superb view we can get all the drainage pipes open and gutters flowing like bramaputra river ppl poor ppl who stay in slums they dont have place to sit thats what mum is all abut . i m a college goin student and i knw its soo damn difficult for me to communicate frm one place to another .
other thing when these elections come why do these stupid netas come and give those sleepy lectures that we will do this .
i just wanted to knw whether u ppl who stay out of india do govt do something for u or its a drmabaazi goin everyday ?
and what doin think these govt ppl r more worse than terrorists?

Hey but the BMC is sending SMSes to everyone whenever there is heavy rainfall. LOL This time also as soon as we had rains for two consecutive days they sent an SMS saying that the weather forecast is for heavy rains for the next 48 hrs too. So, they're doing something even if it's giving out some obvious news. LOL

Anyways coming to ur other point, the thing is the people and govt. complain when monsoon comes. Do you actually believe that it's just cos of monsoon that everything happens. The roads are always in a bad shape anyways, the rains just wash away the debris making the potholes bigger and deeper. I live in Andheri (E) and there are roads especially bylanes here which are perenially in such a state that if it were some other country it would have been declared as unfit for motoring. They look like agricultural field fresh after being ploughed. I'll take some snaps and post it here and u'll get an idea. If you've used the Andheri flyover or the Airport flyover, even they're in such a bad state inspite of being on one of the most important roads of the city, the Western Express Highway. Anyways, I don't get this whole idea of the govt. to wait for the rains to happen and then blaming it all on the monsoon. When there's no road to start with (am not joking there are some roads which looks like it has been bombed away) why blame the rains.

And as for showing concern for the slum dwellers, man am sick of this drama. There are slum dwellers who earn more than you and me, it just doesn't show cos they don't have to pay any tax. If u go to any slums, u'll see one thing that they keep the interior of the slums free of garbage but dump them in front of some other housing society or building where they know that people won't come out to fight with them. Who, do you think deserves more amenities anyways, the people who pay the taxes or the ones who act as the parasites. If something happens to you don't expect the politicians to come forward to help you but if anything happens in any slum all the political parties will fall over themselves to help them as that's where the votes are. If your building is found unsafe u'll be asked to move but don't expect the govt. to provide u a free flat. But see the slum people, they already own a piece of land in the most posh areas of the city and then the govt. will provide them with another free flat under the slum rehabilitation program. And then they go and rent out that flat to someone else while they go back to their own slums. And if some tough govt. official tries to raze illegal shanties, Shabana Azmi herself will go there to protect the so called poor people. Will Shabana Azmi ever come to ur aid even if ur building is getting razed illegally. One thing I've learnt that the slum dwellers are actually more powerful than the tax paying public and showing sympathy for them is useless.

Edited by souro - 28 July 2008 at 2:42pm

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 29 July 2008 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
This is misinformation. In which part of the world can you communicate for 1 Re. anywhere? It is cheaper to call anywhere from India than it is from that country to India. Dayanidhi Maran made it that way. People communicate in text messaging without any hassles and at a low cost. Even coconut sellers, and three wheeler drivers have cell phones that is a luxury in rich countries!
One can write a book on how good the system in India is, What a fantastic public transportation system it has! The govt. is going to spend 500 billion more on infrastructure. The poor govt. be it UPA or NDA gets little credit for all the good things they do. Only those outside the country realize how well the govt. pays India's employees. Come to California, USA. The governer has suggested that state employees be paid the minimum wage of the state, $6.55 an hour, a cut from the federal minimum $7.25! Bombay's bus system is called B.E.S.T and it is among the best systems in the world. One can say the same thing about Delhi and Chennai. In which part of the world is airfare cheaper? Private operators get paid great and their jobs are much more stable than anywhere else.

Edited by jagdu - 29 July 2008 at 3:56pm

souro

souro

Posted: 30 July 2008 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jagdu

This is misinformation. In which part of the world can you communicate for 1 Re. anywhere? It is cheaper to call anywhere from India than it is from that country to India. Dayanidhi Maran made it that way. People communicate in text messaging without any hassles and at a low cost. Even coconut sellers, and three wheeler drivers have cell phones that is a luxury in rich countries!
One can write a book on how good the system in India is, What a fantastic public transportation system it has! The govt. is going to spend 500 billion more on infrastructure. The poor govt. be it UPA or NDA gets little credit for all the good things they do. Only those outside the country realize how well the govt. pays India's employees. Come to California, USA. The governer has suggested that state employees be paid the minimum wage of the state, $6.55 an hour, a cut from the federal minimum $7.25! Bombay's bus system is called B.E.S.T and it is among the best systems in the world. One can say the same thing about Delhi and Chennai. In which part of the world is airfare cheaper? Private operators get paid great and their jobs are much more stable than anywhere else.

Really, are we all misinformed?? And can you inform me why you think Dayanidhi Maran has anything to do with making call rates cheaper?? When Reliance Telecom launched there scheme where anyone can get a connection for Rs. 500/- around 2002-03, that's the time when every aira gaira nathhu khaira started owning a cell phone. Now, don't tell me that I'm misinformed and I should've known that Dayanidhi Maran owns Reliance Telecom. Do you know that SMS is cheaper here cause only in this part of the world things like missed calls and SMS are mostly used. South-East Asia which used to use SMS has moved on to MMS. People here can't afford GPRS connectvity and most service providers don't provide it with basic packs. And btw, a phone conection is not a luxury in a rich country, and I know that even though I live in India. If you are stastically inclined, you'll see that India has one of the lowest penetration of phone, computer and internet connection even among the developing nations.

I don't know where you're from but I'd like to see you praising our public transport system and the infrastructure once you have travelled on the local trains and buses for a week at peak hours. I won't blame the railways or the BEST or other surface transport corporations, cos they ply trains and buses to their max capacity. But the problem is when there should've been many more alternate public transport systems, there is none except for this two. And please if you don't live here or don't use the roads regularly, don't comment on the infrastructure. Either you are unaware of the roads here or else as your post suggests you are a big fan of our govt. And even apart from the roads, if you take the electricity supply in India, only 4 states have a power surplus and all other states have a huge power deficit. Proper Mumbai doesn't have power cuts, but if you go to Navi Mumbai or Thane district, they have 5-7 hrs of power cut everyday. And it's the same story all over India. In rural areas the power supply is only for 12 hrs every day.

Talking about health and educational infrastructure, most villages (and villages make up 73% of the country) in India doesn't have a decent hospital or school. The small health centres that are there in some relatively bigger villages, doesn't have the necessary infrascture or funding to provide anything more than basic first-aid. Now, you'll say that atleast there is free treatment available, but if the hospital is some 50 km away from your place and if it's not properly equipped and maintained, what's the use.

Talkng about air fares, are you aware that till about 3 yrs ago, only 2% Indians had ever travelled on plane. If you calculate generously, that figure might be 5% now. Airfares used to be quite high till about 2001 or so. Then the entry of several no frills airlines starting with Air Deccans, brought it down. Now a days it's again going up owing to the rising fuel costs. But anyways, lowering of Airfares had nothing to do with the govt., it was more a ecnomical and market phenomena. On the contrary you can say that the govt. here delayed the lowering of airfares by not allowing private airlines to operate. But even after all that reduction in costs only 5% of the population can afford it. Yes things are cheap here, but they're cheap for the foreigners and the SEC A or at the most SEC B people, not the normal people who make up the bulk of the population.

You're saying our govt. will spend another 500 bn on infrastructure. First let's see over how much time period (kyunki bina time period ke cost ka kuchh matlab nahi banta) and secondly, let's see if they meet the deadlines. But anyways, if they spend it it's good. For that matter, everyone appreciated the effort of NDA and Vajpayee to construct the Golden Quadrilateral but that doesn't mean just cos they're constructing something we've to overlook the bad roads that we've to use everyday.

I won't comment on what has happened in California as I don't know. But then people of Congo, Burundi, Nepal, Bangladesh, etc. also earns less than us, so does that mean I've to applaud our govt, ke wah wah hum log kisise toh zyada kama rahe hai. The fact still remains that India is ranked as one of the lowest countries in terms of per capita income, and it's largely due to our govt.

Edited by souro - 30 July 2008 at 1:41pm

Vampire26

Goldie

Vampire26

Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:49am | IP Logged
thanks guys for replying and making my confused thoughts clear thansk a lot

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 04 August 2008 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Missgoody, India's airline industry needs more mergers and drastic cuts in capacity. Until recently, passengers flying between Mumbai and New Delhi were able to choose among 50 flights a day. There were 4 seats chasing each passenger with some airlines offering com-on fares amonting to as little as Rs. 80 said Dinesh Keskar, Boeing senior vice president and charge of sales in India. Yes, there will be people who call this "drameybaazi" and close their eyes to anything positive, call politicians "terrorists" and the likes. People who've learned to live in India in it's dynamism can live anywhere else very well.

_________
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=941252&TPN=14

Post Reply New Post

Go to top