meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 4:23pm | IP Logged

Sai Deodhar

to wed

Shakti Anand!

BY VICKEY LALWANI

Wedding bells continue to ring in Indian television! It's now Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand's turn!

The duo has decided to tie the nuptial knot. The engagement ceremony is slated for 14 January. The wedding will follow shortly. The two actors have worked together in Miditech's Saara Akaash since the past 30 months. But love seem to have happened, rather, discovered, recently.

Sai Deodhar had a 'good friend' in Chaitanya Tambe. 6 October, Telly Chakkar had revealed, "He was 19, she was 16. They were childhood friends. He went away to the US. A year or two later, he saw some of her pictures which her dad had despatched. Oh boy, she has grown, sorry, blossomed- he felt. Messages became more lovey-dovey and they found that they had a lot in common. Latest, Sai flew down to the US and spent 15 days with him and his family." There was no kazi out here in this miyan-biwi story, but still, their story did not head for a fairy-tale ending.

Reason? Sai discloses, "I realised we were not made for each other. There was definitely some chemistry between Shakti and me from the beginning, which however we failed to realise, was much more than just chemistry."

"I had a long talk with my mom and she could see that I used to miss him too much whenever he was not around. Suddenly she popped the question, 'What when the serial gets over?' That hit me real hard. I realised yehi pyaar hai."

Sai goes on to add that Shakti had initially proposed to her some time ago, but somehow she hadn't taken it very seriously. Apparently, the girl hadn't closed her mind on Chaitanya then.

On the other hand, Shakti has, in the past, been involved with co-artistes Rupali Ganguly and Sonal Sehgal. "That is the past. I have seen Shakti through these times. I know everything. We love each other too much.We think we have come of age to understand our mistakes, feelings and start life together," says a cool Sai.

Shakti too is on cloud nine. According to him, "Sai is a very genuine person. Her honesty and clean heart attracted me to her. I decided that I could not lose her and that we must settle down quickly."

While Shakti's parents are in Delhi, Sai's parents reside in Mumbai (Juhu). The couple after marriage will stay in Shakti's new flat in Lokhandwala, Andheri. "I have just done it up six months ago and I am looking forward to D-day," the dulha-to-be concluded with a beetroot face.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sai Deodhar to wed shakti anand" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
alveera
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 January 2005 at 2:44am | IP Logged

Vikram to marry Monika
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 12, 2005

Best friends: shakti Anand and Sai Deodhar met on the sets of Saara Aakash
Could this be the perfect real life adaptation of the celluloid blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?

A tomboyish girl Monika (Sai Deodhar) who is best friends with a loveable guy Vikram (Shakti Anand).

She suddenly realises she is more than friends with him.

Meanwhile the lover boy is dating a common friend Sanjana (Sonal Sehgal), but soon realises he is in love with Monika.

This may seem like a scene from Shakti Anand(Star Plus), but it is a real-life situation.

Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand, the lead couple of the show, are set to get engaged on January 14.

We track their love story…

Shakti Anand

Starry eyed: A wedding scene sparked off their off-screen romance
I met her on the sets of Saara Akash and we hit it off as friends. We did everything two friends do, fight, bicker, make-up, hang out, and spend hours chatting.

But as time passed, I realised I was more than a friend to her. We started feeling possessive about each other. Also on account of the show we spent more than 20 days together.

That helped us understand each other. I keep telling her that we will have a cocktail marriage since both of us are from different backgrounds. I am a Punjabi and she is a Maharashtrian and Bong. I hope everything works out fine, and we get the blessing of our parents for our future life.

Sai Deodhar

Will you marry me?: The love birds will get engaged on January 14 2005
I can't believe we are actually getting engaged. We have been the best of friends for more than 2 years. I think for two people to get married they need to be friends first. we hit it off as best buddies.

We started off discussing other guys and girls. I am a boisterous girl, I do my stunts on my own and I am a go-getter. I know Shakti very well.

He is unpredictable sometimes. he will come up to me and say let's go for a drive to Mahabaleshwar, and I reply 'when do we leave?' The best thing about our relationship is that there is no pretense.

I remember the second time we did pheras on Saara Aakash, it was a Diwali morning and the ambience was so auspicious. I think that had a lot to do with our union.

This article was posted in "Other shows"

Post Reply New Post

Go to top