Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sonam Kapoor – the unconventional heroine!

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Sonam Kapoor – the unconventional heroine!
28th July 2008  17.00 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh  

In the times when girls are shedding their clothes to take the easy route to fame, Sonam Kapoor is content playing the dressed-up roles.

Sonam has set her priorities right at the beginning of her acting career – no exposure and no intimate scenes with co-stars. She was dressed neck to toe in her acting debut Saawariya . And now in her second film Dilli 6 by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra she is donned only in salwar kameez.

The actress says she is not averse to glamorous roles unless they don't require her to do something she is not comfortable with.

And Sonam stands firm on her principles. Not even a very lucrative offer from a big production house featuring a top filmstar was able to lure Sonam. She turned down the offer because many scenes required nudity and there was also a major lovemaking scene.

"I don't want to do anything that embarrasses my parents. My dad ( Anil Kapoor ) has a reputation in the industry and I don't want to spoil it," Sonam is quoted as saying.

Though she may sound a tad prude, Sonam is far from it. She says she loves being glamourous, and she is really into fashion as well. The only thing is she doesn't equate glamour with skin-show.

Believe it or not, Sonam has been on the cover of many Indian fashion magazines like L Officiel, Cosmopolitan, Verve, Grazia and now she appears on the cover of the August edition of Elle in which she would don a dress by Rohit Bal .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zoe28 thumbnail
people keep saying she was covered from neck to toe in saawariya but didn;t they see the big backs on most of her clothes in quite a few scenes. Edited by Zoe28 - 15 years ago
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think modesty is the key in today's bollywood world, I especially hate it when acteresses show more than needed in films and i admire sonam for choosing not to and taking the 'not so often' taken route... im not bashing others who do not follow this since its up to their own choice but i agree w/ sonam
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam Rocks can' wait for Delhi 6 to release.
hazel94 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thats gd but she will still get the films coz of her dad nd his reputatuion
it it was sum1 comepletley new it would be hard for them to get any films