Debate Mansion

Arranged marriage or love marriage

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

uk-girl

uk-girl

Posted: 28 July 2008 at 5:14am | IP Logged
 now i really want to raise the topic **Does an arranged marriage work better than love marriage**??Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Arranged marriage or love marriage" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fanNO1

IF-Dazzler

fanNO1

Posted: 28 July 2008 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Oh my God my little angel what a thought ful post that was but tell me one thing 1st why u raised this topic....is everything alright with youEvil Smile

well i will let u know after OCT how it goesLOLWink now be focused  and back to the topic,

Well Diya both marriges have upsides and downsides and there are no guarantees in life,
So there are some advantages and there are some disadvantages. depends on your arguement. In love marriage, you get to choose your wife,or husband so you might get to be generally happier even if it doesnt work in the long run. In an arranged marriage, its a matter of convenience, you wont have to go through the birds and the bees stuffs, courting, getting heartbroken, what you see is what you get. You can either just choose to force yourself to love her or be miserable for the rest of your sorry lives, you still have a choice, just not a very liberal one.

One thing I know about arranged marriages though is that it usually benefits the families of both parties mutually, thats why its a marriage of convenience. Whether its better or worse than a love marriage it depends on your outlook in life and the society you are living in.

I had an indian-chinese friend back in j.college who was already arranged to a girl when he was 15 or 13 or somewhere that age, and he confessed that he's actually quite contented and happy with it and with the girl he just learned to love her more and more and same for the girl. I guess its albout choices and perspectives.

Person23

Goldie

Person23

Posted: 30 July 2008 at 12:05am | IP Logged
well both of the marriages have their advantages and disadvantages
so I would think that a mixture of the 2 would be helpful
like the parents will think of some guy/girl for their child and they should leave the decision upto their children
or if someone is in love with someone they should tell their parents about it and the parents should be supportive towards their child's decision
dunno what I am trying to say, but in my opinion I think that a mixture of those 2 is the best solution

Post Reply New Post

Go to top