Boy- stud, Girl - cheap ?

Posted: 15 years ago

This is in response to an article on deepika and rakhi .... rakhi questioning her about her frequent changing boyfriends... 

I personally do not like deepika at all - i find her completely overhyped... but when i see regular jokes about her relationships, i have to wonder about our mentality

why is it that when a boy has a lot of girlfriends, he is a lady-killer ... or he is a poor mis-guided soul looking for true love ....... whereas a girl is one with the loose character ?

I think the difference in attitude towards boys and girls has been discussed many times here .... i have 2 more issues ...

1)  its us girls who seem to be more eager to comment on another girls character and term her loose or vulgar ...

2)  specifically to IF,  from what i gather (though there is no scientific background to this observation) - ppl on this forum are from diverse backgrounds, cultures and countries ... but i think most of us are in the younger age bracket ... mostly below 30-35 ..... if we, the young ppl, the today's generation hold such narrow views then what is the hope for a better society ?

I'll just reply to ur overall broader question and won't go into whether it's the girls or IF members who have a narrow view of things.

To be honest, noone appreciates a guy who changes GFs every week. I don't think u r entirely right if u think that just being called a stud actually means being appreciated. Sometimes it's done just to mock someone or they say it in front and hate him when he is not around.

For example, take the case of Salman Khan and show me one single person (apart from drooling teenaged girls or street side romeos) who actually appreciates his nature of leaving one GF after another. Every one would have liked it better if he settled with one.

Some people say that men who oppose such behaviour do it out of jealousy. But I think it's not out of jealousy but cause how hurtful it can be for the other person involved in the relationship and who was not really prepared for his or her partner to walk out.
Edited by souro - 15 years ago
it is d wrld ppl who want 2 put all d blame on grl so dis is wht hppen here...

if grl flirt wid many dey r said characterless....
but if d same thng is done dey hve a casnova image...

everytym d grl r blame 4 everythng n dis is wht grls also knw... so dey must cut down d flirting or take d blame..

whtever hppen grl r responsible as grls r more responsible n more mature den guys

I agree with Bips that it is girls who are more likely to judge another girl, it may be because of jealousy or our sense of values but we do it. I know personally my level of tolerance for a girl is a lot lower than for a guy, I don't think of him as a stud, I just expect less from a guy. I do disagree with k-ekta fan that what ever happens is a girls fault because she is more mature, it is just that more is expected, if we all (me included) expected more of men they would rise to the occasion. Especially now when so much can happen to both genders (in regards to their health) both need to take responsibility and protect them selves.

You know it's a coincidence, I was just thinking about this the other day. I think that type of fickle behavior is not necessarily widely accepted in guys but it general people have a higher tolerance level for a guy.

But then I came to this conclusion, we're generally just more emotionally mature than guys. We know what we want from a relationship and most of the time don't look for short termed flings. So people generally have higher expectations from a female.

Don't want to start a gender war, just posting my honest opinion.
Originally posted by bips

This is in response to an article on deepika and rakhi .... rakhi questioning her about her frequent changing boyfriends... 

I personally do not like deepika at all - i find her completely overhyped... but when i see regular jokes about her relationships, i have to wonder about our mentality

why is it that when a boy has a lot of girlfriends, he is a lady-killer ... or he is a poor mis-guided soul looking for true love ....... whereas a girl is one with the loose character ?

I think the difference in attitude towards boys and girls has been discussed many times here .... i have 2 more issues ...

1)  its us girls who seem to be more eager to comment on another girls character and term her loose or vulgar ...
  Yes it is. Because we woman are more interested in finding other persons fault.   personally,can not agree with freequent changing of boyfriend or girlfriend.
2)  specifically to IF,  from what i gather (though there is no scientific background to this observation) - ppl on this forum are from diverse backgrounds, cultures and countries ... but i think most of us are in the younger age bracket ... mostly below 30-35 ..... if we, the young ppl, the today's generation hold such narrow views then what is the hope for a better society ?
 Here I completely agree with Souro

I think guys who have lots of girlfriends are called a lady-killer because he has girls all over him but in my personal view, whoever has lots of girlfriends is a poor mis-guided soul looking for true love.
a girl with a loose character actually depends on the girl but I thought a girl who had a lot of boyfriends is a lady .... kher no worries, just my thought .... I think the girl who's a loose character possibly might be her fault because if she keeps switching boyfriends than she's just searching for true love. 
 I agree with you but I think there are some girls who don't comment on another girl's character, possibly or maybe it's just me πŸ˜† (no offense). I think we girls are always eager to comment on another girl's character because we girls can't grasp anything in our stomachs or keep it inside us so that's why we just have to let it out to help us make ourselves feel better πŸ˜›

I'm 21, going to turn 22 three days after India's Independence Day. I agree, if we hold narrow views than there's not that much hope for a better society unless if we young people can change our narrow view habits. 

well... its true ppl do have different attitudes towards a girl or boy....
but we don't knnow....what's happng between them...
all we see is not true........
remember it takes two hands to prepare a roti...

1)  its us girls who seem to be more eager to comment on another girls character and term her loose or vulgar ... like they say a girl is an enemy of other girl....it holds good here! there is a stereotyped way of thinking that a woman is bound to be decent, a one man woman and blah blah....where as a man can have multiple gf's and wives and still be called PURE!!!this oppression on woman has to be broken and they must be as free as boys...itz high time now.... now this can be done if each and every girl understands the depth and meaning of being "independant"....girls need to break out of the four walls they stay and explore and be at par with men....then we can expect the sexual discrimination to disappear....like gandhiji said" india will be called a free country when a girl can walk on street at midnight and still be safe"... now who has to understand on this i need not say...!!
okie i've run out off topic...but i felt like saying all this...

2)  specifically to IF,  from what i gather (though there is no scientific background to this observation) - ppl on this forum are from diverse backgrounds, cultures and countries ... but i think most of us are in the younger age bracket ... mostly below 30-35 ..... if we, the young ppl, the today's generation hold such narrow views then what is the hope for a better society ? NO HOPE! until each one understands their roles and responsibilities.....we should say" together we can, we will" and girl, boy discrimination should be taken off!

i must say...great topicπŸ‘