Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

*~Singh is Queen!~* Mona Singh (Jassi) FC (Page 7)

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Mona Singh gets into the act
Monday, October 20, 2008 09:26 [IST]

monaThe actor has decided to do a television serial once again to brush up her acting skills.

Mona Singh has signed to play a pivotal role in the ongoing TV serial Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayegi directed by Tony and Deeya Singh.

Why return to fiction? "After Jassi, I haven't acted at all. It has been only dance shows or anchoring. I needed to brush up my acting skills. I'm excited about sharing screen space with Apoorva with whom I have a great rapport and an excellent on-screen chemistry."

Mona will form the love triangle with Apoorva and Mona Wasu in the show.

"I will be playing Mona's boss. I hope the audiences love me again," she says.

Mona Singh's careers curve seems to be moving higher. The actress has signed her debut movie Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots. She is also doing a fiction show for the first time after her successful outing in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

Incidentally, after Jassi, Mona had signed Bela Segal's directorial debut with Adnan Sami, which got shelved eventually. Then, 3 Idiots came along.

Mona says, "It's like a dream come true. Most of my scenes are with Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor."

The movie is the screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's bestselling novel Five Point Someone. Mona plays Kareena's sister in the movie. She has an important role in the climax.

But why play second fiddle? "I dont think of the character in this way. Raju's movies have well-defined characters. Look at the recent Rock On, which does not have a lead pair but rather many strong characters. The idea of only lead pairs hogging footage has changed. So, I dont want to complain about my character."

But the novel doesn't have any such character?

"Raju is not following the novel completely. He has changed it a bit. My character has been specially created. That's the suspense."

Mona has just finished the first schedule of the film in Shimla. When she reached the sets, she was in for a surprise. "Everyone in the team greeted me with open arms. Raju said, Welcome to the big world of cinema. I was so touched with the gesture."

Mona hasn't shot a single scene with Aamir and is looking forward to shooting with him. "Boman, Sharman (Joshi) and I used to play funny games during breaks and we gave each other good company," she adds.

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Mona Singh in Radhaa Ki Betiyaan..

Finally, viewers will get to see Mona Singh act again on the small screen. Post Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin Mona had limited her appearance on television to reality shows. Mona will now be playing a pivotal role in NDTV Imagine's Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi.

Talking about her role, Mona says, "I'll be playing a cameo that's likely to last for 2-3 months. We still haven't decided on the character name. I'm likely to start shooting from the 26th of this month. I'll be paired opposite Shekhar (Apurva Agnihotri), who likes Rohini (Mona Wasu). Thus there'll be a love triangle here."

It's a double whammy for Mona as she's finally bagged a good role in Raj Kumar Hirani's next film 3 Idiots. "I'm playing Kareena's sister in this film. And most of my scenes are with Aamir Khan. There's not much I could have asked for. I'll start shooting for the film in December," says the actress.

There's more on Mona's plate, as she going to host another reality show. "All I can tell you now that it is going to be a big reality show. Beyond this there's nothing to say," she sighs.

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 13 December 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Gosh we need to revive this place....this can be the hideout of all the outcasts from RKB forum! Big smile
swati1980 Newbie
swati1980
swati1980

Posted: 14 December 2008 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blyton

Gosh we need to revive this place....this can be the hideout of all the outcasts from RKB forum! Big smile
I think this is the best place for all Apu and Mona to discuss their views openly.Even what they know about these two budies can also been expressed.Really you are doing good job by making not only fans but stars also that they are very special .Some more pictures of Mona with Apu should showcaes no Karan or Shilpa should be allowed here.Karan is potato and Shilpa is red chilli both are injourious to health so aviod them in this clean forum.May be when Mona and Apu have glance on this forum than they will know their real worth.
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1980

Originally posted by blyton

I think this is the best place for all Apu and Mona to discuss their views openly.Even what they know about these two budies can also been expressed.Really you are doing good job by making not only fans but stars also that they are very special .Some more pictures of Mona with Apu should showcaes no Karan or Shilpa should be allowed here.Karan is potato and Shilpa is red chilli both are injourious to health so aviod them in this clean forum.May be when Mona and Apu have glance on this forum than they will know their real worth.

ROFL ROFL ROFL
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 24 December 2008 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Chalo yaar let's spam and spam and keep this active!!!
rups2408 IF-Dazzler
rups2408
rups2408

Posted: 24 December 2008 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
whooaaa its a viraana herecoming with pics soon...
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 24 December 2008 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Mona Singh

Can you recognise these celebrities?

The new year brings a new show on television, with a whacky concept. Celebrities will disguise themselves in this comical Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano, to be anchored by Kavita Kaushik, and hoodwink common people at pre-decided locations. The show will not have judges or eliminations. Every week, one celebrity will win the title of Master of Disguise, which will be decided by audience polls. We take a look at the celebrities, who may pull a prank on you very soon! Mona Singh Mona Singh's claim to fame was the popular soap Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi. She went on to win two reality dance shows, Jhalak Dikhla Ja and Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena even though she confesses to have two left feet. Mona will make her movie debut in Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots, with Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor.

"The show is humorous, no elimination, no judges and fun," Mona says. "I was made bhakra several times by my friends and on TV shows. I used to try gags on my mother but now have got an opportunity to try it on people. I have done dance shows and soaps. This is the first time I will do a standup comedy show in disguise."

Go to top