Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~Singh is Queen!~* Mona Singh (Jassi) FC (Page 140)

Post Reply New Post

Page 140 of 140

Page 1 Page 139
Page   of 140

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 11 October 2010 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

Mona returns to host Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

Mona Singh

After Remo D'Souza's confirmation and Madhuri Dixit judging Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in all probability, now news is Mona Singh will return to host the new season.

A source says, "Mona is confirmed to host the show in all likelihood. She has confirmed her participation as of now. The channel is still in talks of getting another host."

Mona says, "I can't speak anything right now. Give me a week's time."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~Singh is Queen!~* Mona Singh (Jassi) FC (Page 140)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Mona shopping at Dubai festival for her Dad (2006):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Zei0yVEak

Edited by blyton - 19 October 2010 at 11:52pm

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Stills of Mona from her short film with Rohit Roy, that aired on Zoom (Char Mulaqatein):

http://www.rohitroyproductions.com/10movies.php#photos

Edited by blyton - 21 October 2010 at 2:36am

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
OMG!! Mona hosting and Shahid judging!! This is the best news I have heard in a long time!Day DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreamingv

Shahid Kapoor to judge Jhalak 4

TellyChakkar had earlier reported about Madhuri Dixit being confirmed to judge Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa 4 along with Remo. The latest on the show is that Shahid Kapoor has been approached to share the judge's seat with Madhuri.

Says a source, "We wanted to make this season bigger and better this time around and get in many popular faces. After roping in Madhuri Dixit as a judge, we were looking for more names. That is when the production house thought of Shahid Kapoor. He is not just a popular name but also a fabulous dancer. We approached him and he has given his nod to be a part of the show. Shahid will now debut on Television as the judge of a dance reality show. Meanwhile Mona Singh has been confirmed to host the show. Apart from that we have approached Neena Gupta to be a part of the show as a contestant. We are awaiting her approval.

We sent a text message to Danish Khan, Marketing Head Sony Entertainment Television, but he didn't revert. Ajit Thakur, Business Head Sony was too busy to answer our calls. All efforts to reach Shahid Kapoor remained futile. Neena Gupta says," Yes I have been approached for the show but nothing is confirmed as of now."

The show is expected to go on air in December.

http://www.wikinewforum.com/shoW*Hread.php?p=110293

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 19 November 2010 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Mona performs at ITA Milestone awards:

http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6918713.cms

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_s

poo_s

IF-Dazzler

poo_s

Posted: 19 November 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
thanks anjali for the link

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 21 November 2010 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Mumbai-s-dance-fetish-gets-a-move-on/Article1-308104.aspx

Mumbai's dance fetish gets a move on
Rajeshwari K, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Mumbai, May 01, 2008
First Published: 01:52 IST(1/5/2008)
Last Updated: 01:59 IST(1/5/2008)
Share more...
0 Comments       Tweet   
Email     print
Till two months ago, save for tapping her feet and nodding to beats of latest tracks playing on her walkman, 20-year-old Alysa D'Cruz would exhibit little movement that qualified as dancing. Then she watched So You Think You Can Dance, an American dance reality show on AXN. And life
changed. D'Cruz was so enchanted by the way the participants effortlessly adopted different dance styles, dancing the graceful ballet and bull fight-like paso doble with equal perfection, that she got hooked, not just to the show, but to the dances.

She now spends two evenings a week at Sandip Soparrkar's dance classes in Bandra, learning the basics of ballroom dancing instead of lying on her couch. "I am a changed person," said the final year mass media student. D'Cruz is not the only one. Not classical, not even Bollywood jhatkas, but Mumbai's latest moves are on Western ballroom dances like waltz and fox-trot and other exotic genres like the French-Spanish paso doble, Argentinian tango, Caribbean mambo and salsa.

Hollywood has helped with films like Stomp the Yard (2007) and TV shows like So You Think... Our own movies seem to be fanning the fascination as well with newer and lesser-known Western dance forms. Kal Ho Naa Ho triggered an interest in salsa, while people starting calling up dance classes after watching Akshay Kumar and Katrina do jazz in Namaste London.

Soparrkar said he had seen a 30 per cent increase in enrolment for Western dances. Sasha Goradia, a dance instructor from Expressions Dance and Fitness Studio in Dadar, said nine out of 10 queries every day were regarding a tango or a fox-trot lesson.

"It's just a fad," said a dismissive Saroj Khan, the diva of Bollywood choreography, adding that people take up Western dance to learn some form of dance without working hard.

"They know Indian classical dance takes a lot of strength and determination to learn. They are lazy bums."

But others do not mind. "There has been a 30 per cent increase in the number of people interested in Western dance, mainly because of reality shows and dance-themed movies, but on the whole the awareness about dance has amplified," said Soparrkar, who also owns his chain of dance schools.

Joel Cardi, a dance instructor at Rahul Saxena's Dance Connection in Bandra, said Western dances had become the flavour of the season thanks to dance reality shows. "Dance tastes vary every season and this season it's diverse forms of ballroom dancing," said Cardi.

Dance institutes like Performing Arts Academy in Sion, Nut Vrund in Ghatkopar, Pravin Phalke's Dance Institute at Govandi are few among the innumerable dance classes that have sprung up in the last four years in places like Ghatkopar, Sion and Thane, and all teach Western dances.

Take Jameel Shah's case. The 25-year-old started learning jive, waltz and salsa after the first season of Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa two years ago and has never looked back.

"Watching Mona Singh and Toby Fernandes dance got my pulse racing. The transformation of Mona from a person who could barely dance stirred me."

Glenn Xavier (18) is yet to make his choice on which form of dance he wants to pursue, though he knows its still one among the innumerable ballroom dance forms. "I watched Mad Hot Ballroom (2005) and I was interested. The day I watched Stomp The Yard, I had to start looking for a form of dance which I want to pursue," he said.

Naeem Shaikh (19) from Mulund got interested in dance after he watched Take The Lead (2006), a movie about a dance instructor who believed in the dancing capabilities of problem kids and trains them towards a life of confidence and self respect. "I knew I wanted to dance, that very moment," he said. He learnt ballroom dancing from S.N. Troupe, Mulund.

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 08 December 2010 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Press meet of JDJ 4:

Users
Write a
Comment
Mona Singh and Sumeet Raghavan
Prev     More
The hosts of the show, Mona Singh and Sumeet Raghavan, also put in an appearance.
Image: Mona Singh and Sumeet Raghavan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top