Math got anything to do with journalism?

iluvDharmesh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Dear members,

I have a few questions and i'm asking these questions on behalf of someone I know.

I live in Canada, Ontario and I was just wondering whether you need to be good at math in order to get into univercity to study journalism or arts?

What subjects do univercities that teach journalism expect you to be good at?

What subjects do univercities that teach arts expect you to be good at?

In order to become a full time beautician or part time, do I need to take arts in univercity?

Could anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!😊

Mrs. Malhotra aka Shikha

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Shikha,

I am not really sure but I am answering according to my knowledge. I don't think that you need to be excellent in Math to good admission in a journalism course.  I think all universities, regardless of your major, require you to take some level of Math but it wouldn't be High calculus or something.  Both journalism and arts major shouldn't require you to be great in Math.  But you should be able to be pretty good in English (if you're in USA) or in the native language of whatever country you life in.  Apart from that, I think you also need some general science etc. courses.

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Yeah here in India, Journalism needs maths or economics for the sake of statistics knowledge and language skills needs to be perfect....