Iqbal Khan doesn’t like partying-ARTICLE

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Iqbal Khan doesn't like partying

The actor says that post his marriage, parties just mean nothing but a social obligation

He is one of the most sought after small screen faces but he is keeping a low profile these days.

In fact, Iqbal Khan's appearances at the party circuit have decreased big time. But spot him on the sets and it is apparent that this happy-go-lucky guy who loved party hopping once has toned down a lot.

Ask him the reason and he winks, "I believe I have a life beyond my work. When I am spending most of the time on the sets shooting, the few hours I get off it, belongs to my family. So, I prefer to stay away from my parties."

Flashback to a year ago and this actor was omnipresent in most parties, TV dos and even Hollywood movie premieres!

"Well, I was not married then. Now, I am happily married. We go for parties if it's a social obligation, otherwise we try our best to avoid it. I am game for movie premieres, because I am  a movie buff," he adds.

Iqbal chose to make his comeback with Choona Hai Aasmaan a few months after quitting Balaji Telefilms. Has he left the show to be a part of Waaris?

"No. I quit Choona Hai Aasmaan and later I got the offer for Waaris. I did not leave it because I had to join Waaris," he says.

Iqbal was very unhappy with the way the show was treated by the channel.

"The show started off really well and it really had good content. But, channel did not do any publicity at all. To add to the woes, the time slot was altered suddenly which hampered the show. I was not happy with the treatment meted out to the show. So I preferred to leave," he ends.

cheers
resh