Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

I would like to share this with you all.. (Page 2)

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Ok let me share something that happened with me....

When my parents were looking for a proposal for me....I was least interested and rejected many because their was no spark and people mistook me and though that I am being too mean and hurting my parents feelings. At the same we also knew that the guy too had same response, he too did not feel the spark...but still I was to be blamed...

Finally when I met my husband, I had rejected him too (because he was not tall LOLLOL and that was just a reason to avoid meeting). But my mom surprised me by inviting them home on one evening...I was so furious at first. I met him, talked to him for an hour and to everyone's surprise...I said "Yes" and the my hubby to said "Yes"...

We got engaged the same night and married next day morning. The whole thing happened with in 10 hours frame. So I can say mine was the fastest marriage...with all the traditions followed....

So when the time comes, nothing can stop and things happen so fast, you will not have time to think what is happening and I had no time to think nor enjoy what was happening...for me it was a dream and I tried pinching myself too many times to see if this was real......but it was real

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
wow, sheena---i really admire your courage and your positive attitude.  It can be very difficult to get over someone, especially in your case since you've known him for so long.  But it's great that you are so level-headed and have been able to put things into perspective so well.  hats off you, girl!! ClapClap

smisha--thanks for sharing that with us!!!!  I'm really happy that things worked out so beautifully for you in such a small time frame too!!  You must have felt like you were living a fairy tale!! Smile

Edited by anjali308 - 13 January 2005 at 2:43pm
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:59pm | IP Logged

Well said Sheena.

"no problem in life is a problem which we cant overcome"

Would like to add the following quote which I heard on Coffee with Karan show (Star World) in which our very own BigB (Amitabh Bachan) said:

"Jo Mann ka ho woh accha hai, Jo Mann ka naa ho woh aur bhi accha hota hai.
Kyunki jo mann ka nahin hota woh phir bhagwan ke mann ka hota hai, Aur hamare liye hamesha accha hi karta hai"

(If somethings in life are as per our wish its GOOD... If its not thats even BETTER..
Cause things that are not as per our wish then its GOD's WISH, and he always have good things stored for us.)

Cheers,

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
"sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the while, I'm being carried on great wings upon the sky....."

Sheena....its so refreshing to see someone who believes in love in all its forms....and romantic love is not the only love on earth.....love does not mean hurting or losing all u have.....it should mean a gain....I have great admiration for ur ability to recognise the blessings in life and believe me u will always come out a winner with this attitude.....God Bless.....

Smish.....thnx for sharing ur experience with us.....many a times what we think is the best for us, is not actually so....that is why if something happens per God's Wish (as Vijay quoted) then its always better.....because He knows what we dont....

ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by HUMM

Hey bolly, thinking and saying something serious,

Try to think what this means,

The river strives, yearns and struggles to merge with the sea from which it has come. It has that consummation ever in its consciousness. It attempts to make itself pure and pellucid so that it may be welcomed by its source. It overcomes every obstacle of terrain in order to journey successfully towards its goal. Man too must utilize all the physical, mental, intellectual and moral endowments that God has granted him so that he may journey to the goal of Realization.

The spark of Love in you has to be cherished and nourished; then, every being will be God, every act will be Divine and every reaction you get from the outside world will be charged with love and sweetened with that nectar. When you love the God in all beings, He responds with love. Love God, though tribulation may be your lot, love Him though you are refused and rebuked; for, it is only in the crucible of travail that the metal is purified and cleared of blemish.

Actually bolly its a message from my god,
""He says if nobody loves u , He loves u, If u can't find anybody to love, Love him he is always there for u and loves u a lot.""

That was great humm, i didn't know that you had a serious part too.

ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

For Sheena

That was really bad i appreciate the way u have taken it. I won't give u any lecture because i know lecturing someone is very easy but one who has it knows it.

But this is for u Clap

bollyfreak Senior Member
bollyfreak
bollyfreak

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
wow....you guys are all so amazing. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart. Truly, i havent gotten this much feedback and help from even the friends i have around me. But you guys seriously are great. Thank you so much! And yes smisha, thank you for sharing that with us. All of you guys...i appreciate it alot! You totally brought a smile on my faceTongue
ahmed316us Senior Member
ahmed316us
ahmed316us

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Smile is always good thing to have. We all should worry about our present and future. forget about past.

Go to top