About Lara Dutta
Birth Name: Lara Dutta
The former beauty pageant Lara Dutta is known for her stunning looks. After a long period of struggling days now she has got all the big films in her kitty.
Date of Birth: 16 April, 1978
Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
Lara was born in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India, on April 16, 1978. Her dad is retired Wing Commander L.K. Dutta and her mother is Jennifer Dutta.
In 1981 the Dutta family re-located to Bangalore, and she was enrolled in St. Francis Xavier Girls' High School where she studied till her 10th Standard, and later did her First Year and Second Year Junior College at the Frank Anthony Public School. After graduating from school, she then went on to earn a degree in Economics from Bombay University.
Later was crowned Femina Miss India Universe and Miss Universe in 2000. After completing her Miss Universe commitments, she received several offers from Bollywood movie makers, and starred in Andaaz in 2003, which won her considerable recognition.
She then appeared in a number of films, some of which failed at the box office and some of which were mildly successful. Her box office "hits" include Masti (2004), No Entry (2005), Partner (2007) and Housefull (2010)
In 2011, her first movie as a producer Chalo Dilli released which did an average business at the box office.
Currently she is gearing up for her latest film Don 2 with Shah Rukh Khan.
In September 2010, Lara got engaged to Indian tennis player, Mahesh Bhupathi. They got married on February 16, 2011 in a civil ceremony in Bandra, and later followed it by a Christian ceremony on 20 February 2011 at Sunset Point in Goa.
Lara Dutta’s style statement is totally classic she loves smart cuts and fits.
She believes in her best accessory is a nice bag and a neat pair of shoes to match.
Box Office Collection:
Housefull: Rs 95.50 crore (Total Gross Collection)
As An Actor
- Don 2 (December 23, 2011) (Under Production) ...... Lara
- Chalo Dilli (April 29, 2011) (Released) ...... Mihika Mukherjee
- Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai (2011) (Completed)
- Partner 2 (2011) (Under Production)
- Aur Devdas (2011) (To Go On Floor)
- Housefull (April 30, 2010) (Released) ...... Hetal Patel
- Blue (October 16, 2009) (Released) ...... Mona
- Do Knot Disturb (October 2, 2009) (Released) ...... Dolly
- Billu (February 13, 2009) (Released) ...... Bindiya
- Jumbo (December 25, 2008) (Released) ...... Voice Over Of Sonia
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (December 12, 2008) (Released) ...... Special Appearance
- Om Shanti Om (November 9, 2007) (Released) ...... Herself (Special Appearance)
- Partner (July 20, 2007) (Released) ...... Naina
- Jhoom Barabar Jhoom (June 15, 2007) (Released) ...... Anaida
- Bhagam Bhag (December 22, 2006) (Released)
- Fanaa (May 26, 2006) (Released) ...... Zeenat
- Zinda (January 12, 2006) (Released) ...... Jenny
- Dosti - Friends Forever (December 23, 2005) (Released) ...... Kajal
- Ek Ajnabee (December 9, 2005) (Released) ...... Adult Anamika (Special Appearance)
- No Entry (August 26, 2005) (Released) ...... Kaajal (Kishan'S Wife)
- Kaal (April 29, 2005) (Released) ...... Ishika
- Jurm (February 18, 2005) (Released) ...... Mrs. Sanjana Malhotra
- Elaan (January 14, 2005) (Released) ...... Sonia
- Insan (January 14, 2005) (Released) ...... Meghna
- Aan - Men At Work (June 4, 2004) (Released) ...... Kiran
- Bardaasht (April 23, 2004) (Released) ...... Advocate Payal
- Masti (April 9, 2004) (Released) ...... Monica
- Khakee (January 23, 2004) (Released) ...... Dancer 'Aisa Jadoo' (Special Appearance)
- Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost (August 22, 2003) (Released) ...... Kesar
- Andaaz (May 23, 2003) (Released) ...... Kajal
Winner: Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer - Female (2004)
Nominated: Stardust Award for Best Actress In An Ensemble Cast (2011)
Nominated: Stardust Award for Best Actress (2010)
Nominated: Stardust Award for Best Actress In A Supporting Role (2008)
Movie: Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
Nominated: IIFA Award for Best Actress In Supporting Role (2008)
Movie: Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
Nominated: IIFA Award for Best Actress In Supporting Role (2006)
Movie: No Entry