Creating a soundtrack for a newcomer is always a challenging task. In Bollywood scenario, music has always played an intrinsic role in deciding the future of a future superstar, as can be witnessed from the list below
- Anand Milind gave Aamir Khan a series of chartbusHarman Baweja" src="/bollywood/images/uploads/harman_baweja_big.jpg" align="right" border="" hspace="5" vspace="5">ter tracks, most notable being 'Papa Kehte Hain', in QAYAMAT SE QAYAMAT TAK
- Nadeem Shravan came together with Shah Rukh Khan to mark his introduction with 'Koyi Na Koyi Chahiye' for DEEWANA
- Ram Raxman created a dozen odd hit tunes (including 'Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali') for Salman Khan in MAINE PYAAR KIYA
- Rajesh Roshan ensured he gave it all for Hrithik Roshan when he created 'Ek Pal Ka Jeena' and 'Sitaron Ki Mehfil' for KAHO NAA...PYAAR HAI
- Anu Malik has himself done it for Shahid Kapoor (ISHQ VISHK) and Abhishek Bachchan in National Award wining score of REFUGEE
In last few weeks, music stands have seen the arrival of quite a few albums which have Anu Malik credited as a composer. While he has contributed along with other composers for WOODSTOCK VILLA, Anu Malik has run the show entirely for HASTEY HASTEY and ANAMIKA. However, none of them can be termed as a true blue comeback for the man who once upon a time used to deliver countless chartbuster songs. His last big album was UMRAO JAAN but it bit the dust.
Now with LOVE STORY 2050 looking at hitting the screens, one can finally see Anu Malik indeed making a big comeback. Well, we are waiting!
With Priyanka Chopra">Priyanka Chopra in lead and Boman Irani playing a principal character in the LOVE STORY 2050, this Harry Baweja directed sci-fi film has a lot riding on it since it is for the first time ever that a genre like this at such a huge scale has been attempted in India. Supposed to have been made on the budget of over Rs. 50 crore, LOVE STORY 2050, which has taken almost 3 years to reach the finishing line, has now been confirmed for it's 4th July arrival, the same day when Imraan Khan makes his debut in Abbas Tyrewala's JAANE TU YA JAANE NAA.Joginder Tuteja