Today marks the birthday of two versatile actors: the gorgeous Lolo i.e. Karisma Kapoor, and the handsome Aftab Shivdasani.
Lolo studied at the Cathedral and John Connon School and continued in Sophia College for few months until she stepped into the world of Bollywood with Prem Qaidi in 1991 at the age of 17. She then appeared in successful films like Jigar (1992), Anari (1993), Raja Babu (1994), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Suhaag (1995), Coolie No. 1 (1995) and Jeet (1996) but it was Raja Hindustani (1996) that brought her in the limelight and thereafter, she became one of the highest paid actress of the time. She also bagged her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her performance in Raja Hindustani (1996).
The following year Lolo appeared in Dil To Pagal Hai as Nisha and won a Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award and the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress. She then starred in the critically acclaimed and box office hits like Biwi No. 1 (1999), Hum Saath-Saath Hain (1999), Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000), Chal Mere Bhai (2000), Fiza (2000), Zubeidaa (2001), Shakti: The Power (2002) and Rishtey (2002). Kapoor's recent release was Dangerous Ishhq in 2012 which failed to impress the audience and the critics. Not many people know but she also gave her voice to Chhaya's (Kareena Kapoor Khan) character in Bodyguard (2011). Apart from films, the pretty lass supports many charities and endorses a lot of brands.
- "Tere In Galon Pe" - Prem Qaidi
- "Sarkai Lo Khatiya" - Raja Babu
- "Yeh Raat Aur Yeh Doori" - Andaz Apna Apna
- "Main Toh Raste Se Ja Raha Tha" - Coolie No. 1
- "Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Mein" - Raja Hindustani
- "Sona Kitna Sona Hai" - Hero No. 1
- "Le Gayi" - Dil Toh Pagal Hai
- "Maiyya Yashoda" - Hum Saath-Saath Hain
- "Mujhse Shaadi Karoge" - Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge
- "Thodi Si Beqarari" - Chal Mere Bhai
- "Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali" - Zubeidaa
- "Mubarak Mubarak" - Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kya Hai
- "Tu Hi Rab Tu Hi Dua" - Dangerous Ishhq
Shivdasani faced the camera when he was just 14 months old, featuring in a baby food brand. He debuted in Bollywood as a child artist with Mr. India (1987) and appeared in films like Shahenshah (1988), ChaalBaaz (1989) and Insaniyat (1994). He then made his adult debut in the critically acclaimed Mast (1999) opposite Urmila Matondkar. He further gained appreciation for his performance and also won a Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut. Shivdasani then appeared in the commercial hit Kasoor in 2001 where he portrayed the role of Shekhar, a well-known journalist who murdered his wife.
Although many films of Shivdasani failed to impress the audience and the critics, he is known for his work in films like Darna Mana Hai (2003), Hungama (2003), Masti (2004), and 1920: Evil Returns (2012). He last appeared in the adult comedy blockbuster Grand Masti (2013) where he reprises his role of Prem Chawla from Masti (2004).
- "Mast" - Mast
- "Zindagi Ban Gaye Ho Tum" - Kasoor
- "Pehli Pehli Baar Hai Dilki Nazar Mein" - Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai
- "Ishq Jab Ek" - Hungama
- "Mera Dil Chura Ke" - Suno Sasurjee
- "Ek Kunwara Phir Gaya Mara" - Masti
- "Everybody Put Your Hands Together" - De Taali
- "Rangeeli Raat" - Money Hai To Honey Hai
- "Apna Mujhe Tu Lagaa" - 1920: Evil Returns
- "Grand Masti" - Grand Masti
Editor(s): Shreya S. and Sonia R.
Graphics: Gurprit K.