Health Ministry seems to be at it again. According to Health Minister
Anbumani Ramadoss, actors drinking on screen will encourage youngsters
to take up the habit. Hence, scenes depicting alcohol consumption in
films need to immediately stop.
Some key individuals from the industry react:
- Is this guy for real? HIV + patients areSanjay Gupta, Rohit Shetty,Nisha Rawal, Sophie Chaudury, Abhay Deol and Imtiaz Ali" src="http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/images/uploads/health_big.gif" align="right" border="" hspace="5" vspace="5">
out of government hospitals, spurious medicine is available all over,
corrupt medical institutions are thriving and all this man thinks about
is film stars smoking and drinking? No wonder the health ministry is in
such a sorry state. Think of better ways to get your name and picture
in the papers Mr. Minister.
- It's very easy to target Hindi film industry. Reason
behind it? We don't have unity. No smoking, no animals, no drinks, but
nobody from our industry is questioning Ministry about the killing
issue - Piracy!
- Do they expect audience & film makers to make Tom
& Jerry? When they rebel against it, they should also start writing
scripts. That would be an extension of their own fancies & if this
happens, trust me its not going to be good for anyone's health.
- I dread to think what they plan on banning next. Sex?
Shouldn't they first stop all the ministers from drinking and smoking?
Films are a reflection of real life and today they deal with real life
- We're in the business of film making. Films are about
people. And there are all sorts of people and stories out there. Maybe
for some, ignorance is bliss but I feel its better to be informed. And
besides, aren't we a democracy?
– As long as we are not glorifying drinking on screen, it
should be ok, In that case, I don’t see any problem in showing any on