Today we sing birthday wishes to 2 special celebrities who might belong to 2 different generations, but share the same birth date. We are talking about veteran singing legend Lata Mangeshkar and our handsome rockstar Ranbir Kapoor.
Lataji, who started her singing career in 1942, turns 84 this year. Lataji was born as the eldest daughter to Deenanath and Shevanti Mangeshkar. She has 4 siblings out of whom Asha Bhonsle is a noted singer as well. Her singing career has spanned over 7 decades and she has recorded songs for over a thousand Hindi films. Furthermore, she has sung songs in over 36 regional Indian languages and foreign languages, with Marathi and Hindi being the primary ones.
Walking down memory lane, it was music director Ghulam Haider who gave Lata her first major break with the song "Dil Mera Toda" from the movie Majboor (1948). Other than this, her most renowned songs include:
1. Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya - Mughal E Azam (1960)
2. Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua - Shree 420 (1960)
3. Hai Mere Watan Ki Logon - non-film patriotic special song (1963)
4. Hothon Pe Aisi Baat - Jewel Thief (1967)
5. Inhi Logon Ne - Pakeezah (1972)
6. Piya Bina - Abhimaan (1973)
7. Satyam Shivam Sundaram - Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978)
8. Humko Hami Se Churalo - Mohabbatein(2000)
9. Dil To Pagal Hai - Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)
10. Mere Khwabon Mein - Dilwale Dulhaniya Lejayenge (1995)
11. Tere Liye - Veer Zaara (2004)
12. Do Pal Ruka - Veer Zaara (2004)
This lady of melodies has won innumerable awards and much success. Bringing forth the life history and short-listing the best songs out of those all is hard, but on this special occasion of her birthday, anything for her.
We fall short of words to describe the perfection of this actor, be it his looks or his choice of movies or his unavoidable charm and handsomeness. We are talking of the handsome heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
Born as the second kid to celebrity parents Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor, Ranbir was destined to be a part of the film industry. He made his much awaited debut with ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya (2007) opposite debutant Sonam Kapoor. Though the film failed to click with the audience, Ranbir's performance was highly appreciated and he won all the debutant awards the following year. This weaved his path to success and he was lucky enough to gain much popularity in such a short time span. He later did critically acclaimed movies like Wake up Sid, Raajneeti, Rockstar, Barfi! and, the latest being, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
Ranbir may have had a rocky start, but the progress in his career graph proves that he is someone to watch out for in the coming years. With the fun and thrill we had in discovering the depth of each character he has played, lets keenly go through his list of popular songs:
1. Jabse Teri Naina - Saawariya
2. Khuda Jaane - Bachna Ae Haseeno
3. Tu Jaane Na - Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani
4. Iktara - Wake Up Sid
5. Sadda Haq - Rockstar
6. Nadaan Parindey - Rockstar
7. Tum Ho - Rockstar
8. Kyon - Rockstar
9. Badtameez Dil - Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
10. Dilliwali Girlfriend - Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
11. Balam Pichkari - Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
12. Subanallah - Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani13. Besharam - Besharam
That was a list that took time to decide and why not? His songs are pretty awesome. His latest film to hit the theatres is Besharam and its music album has been an instant hit. May he continue his upward success trajectory and good health be his companion.
With this, we at BollyCurry, sign off wishing these two special celebrities a very happy birthday once again!
Author: Siona M.
Editors: Shreya S. and Gunia M.
Graphics: Marsh P.