He made his screen debut in 1980 in the popular TV
series Rishte-Naate. Then in 1988, he
appeared in the series Famous Trials of
India. He also played a role in the Marathi show Ek Shunya Shunya. In 1994, he made his debut in an English movie English August and then in 1997, he made
his first appearance as a police inspector in the Hindi film Yeshwant. In the same year he acted in Ghulam-E-Mustafa. The next year, he made his
first appearance in CID. Ever since then there has been no looking back.
Immensely popular, Shivaji has perfected the role of ACP Pradyuman and lead the show to much success! Furthermore, Shivaji has
played the role of a police officer in many movies, including Vinashak, Wajood, Daag The Fire, Baardasht, and Garv Pride and Honor. Shivaji has also
become a favorite for playing the strict fatherly figure in many films including Sooryavansham, Split Wide Open, Jis Desh
Mein Ganga Rehta Hain, and Nayak the
Real Hero. Among his most famous of these performances are his roles in Vaastav, China Gate, Taxi No. 9211 and Hu Tu Tu.
Ever since appearing on screen for the first time, Shivaji has always surprised and pleased both critics and viewers alike. Appearing in more than 50 films and being part of the longest running TV show, Shivaji has never failed to impress.
Did You Know...
- Shivaji was nominated for Best Actors Award on Star Screen Award for Ghulam-E-Mustafa
- He also worked in a bank for a while, while concurrently pursuing his fondness for theatre
- Shivaji is a big cricket fan and loves to play cricket in his leisure time
- Satam has also appeared in Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, and Sa Re Ga Ma as a guest
- He also revisited the role of ACP Pradyuman many times in CID Special Bureau, a spin-off of the original CID, that aired in 2005 - 2007
- Shivaji has confirmed that he will be leaving CID in the next few weeks
BollyCurry wishes Shivaji all the best with his future endeavors and hopes to see his presence in CID as we think the show would not be the same without the ever watchful ACP!
Writer: Shreya S.
Editors: Harjot D. and Gunia M.
Graphics: Virina R.