Thursday, August 09, 2007
| 7:14:51 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
0 Comments | Copyright: SAMPURN
1. Are you a complete foodie or do you watch what you eat?
A: I'm a foodie, but I really have to keep track of what I eat since I'm an actress.
2. Your favourite cuisine – Continental/Oriental/Indian/others.
A: Indian, dal chawal.
3. What would your prefer - homemade food or outside food?
A: Actually, I do not eat out much as outside food does not suit me. I like homemade food anytime. My food is cooked in olive oil.
4. Your preference - vegetarian or non-vegetarian food?
A: I'm a vegetarian.
5. Drink you like to wash down the food with?
A: I do not like to drink anything. I do take vitamin drinks prescribed by my doctor.
6. Your favourite beverage?
A: As it is, cold drinks do not suit me, so it's a hot steaming cup of coffee that I love.
7. Any hard drink that you take?
A: No, I do not drink.
8. What about junk food?
A: It depends on how tempting they are and the place and people around me.
9. Your favourite fast food joint?
A: I'm from Delhi and I do not know Mumbai too well.
10. Organic aloo or Batata Vada?
A: Organic aloo.
11. Favourite restaurant/eating place which you think is a must-visit by all and sundry?
A: I still have to explore the city.
12. Your take on diet and health food.
A: I do not diet and advise people against it because your body loses strength and skin loses life when you diet. I believe in eating healthy. Eat a lot of salads, green vegetables and things like that.
13. What would be that one dish which you will not be able to resist?
A: I think fried food, but nothing special. I like vegetable cutlet.
14. Could you share the recipe with us?
For 6 servings
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
1/4 cup frozen green peas
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
Place the potatoes, carrot, green beans and peas in a pot with enough water to immerse them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain vegetables, transfer to a bowl and mash with a potato masher, leaving a few small chunks.
Mix 3/4 cup bread crumbs, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and salt into the bowl with the mashed vegetables. Make the mixture into small patties about ½-inch thick. Dredge the patties in the remaining bread crumbs to coat.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and fry the coated patties until golden brown. Drain with paper towels.
- As Told to Mili Swarnakar (SAMPURN)
The actor has had one of the most amazing journeys...
The 'Saath Nibhana Saathiya' actor is set to star in the upcoming film ...
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index