Actor: Hrithik Roshan
Nickname Duggu, Bolunath
The name Hrithik Rakesh Nagrath seems a far cry from the Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan who catapulted to fame after his debut film in 2000, Kaho Na...Pyaar Hai. It led to a nationwide hysteria [fondly dubbed Hrithikmania by fans] and secured him a staggering figure or nearly 3000 marriage proposals on Valentine's day of the same year!
Now happily married to Sussane Khan [daughter of Sanjay Khan] and proud father of 2 sons, the self confessed perfectionist and control freak started off working on the sets of his father, but not as an actor.
Hrithik decided to learn the trade from scratch and spent many years in various functions - including sweeping the floor and serving tea to the stars whilst he prepared himself extensively for his screen debut; taking acting, singing, dancing (and many more) lessons as well as working hard to improve his diction and physical appearance.
Did you know?
- Is helpless with money - his finances are handled by wife Sussanne
and father Rakesh Roshan
- Believes that he makes the best Spanish Omelette in the world!
- Was diagnosed with Scoliosis at the age of 21 and therefore told
that he would never be able to fulfill the role of a Bollywood actor.
- Often visits terminally ill children in the hospital who are eager
to meet him
- Fought hard to overcome a stammering problem