Another week, another coveted Celeb in the spotlight. Join
Bollycurry as we take a snap shot look at the life and career of
Bollywood's golden hero
The name Hrithik Rakesh Nagrath seems a far cry from the Bollywood
hunk Hrithik Roshan who catapulted to fame after his debut film in 2000,
Kaho Na...Pyaar Hai
. It led to a nationwide hysteria [fondly
dubbed Hrithikmania by fans] and secured him a staggering figure or
nearly 3000 marriage proposals on Valentine's day of the same year!
Now happily married to Sussane Khan [daughter of Sanjay Khan] and
proud father of 2 sons, the self confessed perfectionist and control
freak started off working on the sets of his father, but not as an
Hrithik decided to learn the trade from scratch and spent many
years in various functions - including sweeping the floor and serving
tea to the stars whilst he prepared himself extensively for his screen
debut; taking acting, singing, dancing (and many more) lessons as well
as working hard to improve his diction and physical appearance.
Did you know?
- Is helpless with money - his finances are handled by wife Sussanne
and father Rakesh Roshan
- Believes that he makes the best Spanish Omelette in the world!
- Was diagnosed with Scoliosis at the age of 21 and therefore told
that he would never be able to fulfill the role of a Bollywood actor.
- Often visits terminally ill children in the hospital who are eager
to meet him
- Fought hard to overcome a stammering problem
to comment on this story. Have an account already? Use Quick Login to comment.