Chennai, Sep 4 (IANS) Rajnikant's 'Sivaji: The Boss' is still ruling the Tamil box office with no film in sight to topple it.
The top five Tamil films are:
1. 'Sivaji' - Director: Shankar. The success of 'Sivaji' has proved that Rajnikant is the real boss of the Tamil film industry. No question about that.
2. 'Arya' - Director: Balashekaran. The box office performance of 'Arya', a typical masala entertainer, shows that R. Madhavan, who has been tagged a class hero, can cater to the masses too.
3. 'Ammuvagiya Naan' - Director: Padmamagan. It needs a lot of courage to make a film like this. Both the director and hero R. Parthiban have it. Parthiban had the guts to act in a film that revolves around a sex worker. A very sensitively made film.
4. 'Veerappu' - Director: Badri. A remake of a Mohanlal hit, the film is a huge hit in the B and C centres. Now director Sundar C knows that he has an audience out there too.
5. 'Kireedam' - Director: Vijay. 'Kireedam' is also a remake of a successful Malayalam film starring Mohanlal, but only the A centres have liked the Tamil version unlike 'Veerappu'.