Thursday, August 21, 2014
| 5:42:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
0 Comments | 256 Views | Copyright: IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Start your day with cold water, nuts and stretching exercises to stay in the pink of health, says an expert.
Chirag Sethi, founder of fitness consulting company Battle of Bulges, shares tips to live a healthy life:
* Drink half a litre of cool water. Drinking cold water on an empty stomach helps you raise your metabolism since your body needs to maintain a neutral temperature at the core. So, the calories are burned to neutralise the temperature of cold water to neutral.
* Take six to 10 almonds and walnut on an empty stomach to help make some enzymes to raise metabolism.
* Breakfast should be the most fulfilling meal of the day. It should have carbohydrate and protein-rich food items.
* Go in for stretching exercises as you leave bed in the morning. This will help to maintain flexibility of muscles and delays the degenerating processes.
* Try walking as much as possible as it helps in burning up extra calories apart from your workout regime.
* Nuts, like almonds and walnuts, are the powerhouse of energy; Peanuts can be munched anytime during the day while raisins remain an excellent choice for post-workout recovery.
* Practise meditation and relaxation. They can assist you in managing your thoughts and are also good for general health, stress reduction and well-being.
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index