Thursday, December 12, 2013
| 1:06:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
31 Comments | Copyright: IANS
Every time southern superstar Rajinikanth delivered a dialogue in his own trademark style, audiences have cheered and rooted for him in unison.
On his 63rd birthday Thursday, IANS lists some dialogues that were made famous by the actor in his over three-decade long career:
- "16 Vayathinile": Rajini as the film's antagonist introduced us to one of the popular catch-phrases of a long forgotten era - "Idhu eppadi irukku?" (How's this?). This line was so admired that even after three decades since the film's release, it still lingers in the minds of the actor's fans.
- "Murattu Kaalai": Rajnikanth as a villager in the film popularised the dialogue "Seeeviduven" (I'll chop off your head).
- "Baasha": As long as auto rickshaws ply in Tamil Nadu, the line "Naan oru thadava sonna, nooru thadava sonna maadiri" (Anything I say once is equivalent to saying it a hundred times) will be remembered. Rajinikanth as an auto driver delivered a knocker of a performance in this commercially successful outing.
- "Arunachalam": His dialogue "Andavan solran. Arunachalam seiran" (God commands, Arunachalam acts) from the film will be recalled as one of the shortest yet powerful line mouthed by the superstar in his career.
- "Padayappa": Another highly successful film that's remembered for the actor's line "En Vazhi, Thani Vazhi" (My way is my own) and actress Ramya Krishnan's brilliant portrayal of greedy Neelambari in the film.
- "Muthu": One of Rajinikanth's popular films that enjoyed a successful run even in Japan, the line from the film "Naan eppo varuven, epdi varuvennu yarkum theriyathu. Aana vara vendiya nerathile vandidven" (Nobody knows when or how I will come, but I will come when the time is right) has a strong recall value even today.
- "Sivaji": Contrary to the other films of the superstar, "Sivaji" had two popular dialogues - "Summa pere ketta athrudula" (Doesn't the earth shatter at the calling of my name?) and "Kanna, panni than kootama varum aana Singam single than varum" (My dear, pigs always come in an army but a lion always walks alone).
To stay updated with similiar articles follow
Actress Shruti Haasan has jetted off to Los Angeles to join the set of ...
His father made his international film debut with The Great Gatsby, & ...
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index