A more than 11-year-old hit-and-run case involving Bollywood star Salman Khan has been assigned a fresh trial, with all evidence and witnesses scheduled to be re-examined, officials said in the Maharashtra capital Thursday.
A Mumbai sessions court, while accepting Khan's plea for a retrial after he was charged under the serious section relating to "culpable homicide, not amounting to murder", has ordered that the retrial start Dec 23.
Khan, 47, had earlier pleaded that the evidence produced before the magistrate court should be discarded, since he was facing a more serious charge, but the prosecution had opposed the fresh trial plea, terming it a "delay tactic".
On the night of Sep 28, 2002, Khan's Land Cruiser allegedly ran over five people sleeping on the pavement at Bandra in Mumbai, killing one person and leaving four others injured.
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(4 Votes)|
|Ranjeeta_, Yuvika_15, PDD2508, Vmpysis|
this case needs 2 b sorted out soon...its already been 2 long... if the courts want 2 sentence him then they shud so he can serve his sentence and move on... delaying it is not helping any1...
I'm not his biggest fan, but I do like some of his work. However, I seriously cannot believe this has taken 11 years.
He killed someone out of drink driving, that is uncalled for and just like everyone else he needs to be served justice!
" the prosecution had opposed the fresh trial plea, terming it a "delay tactic"
Yes. Delay tactic.
11 years to ho chuke hain, now his some well wishers will delete the serious charges & he will be free. "Andha Kanoon"
Mar gaye unka kisiko kuchh nahin.
Money & Power speaks in this country.
BollyCurry brings to you some of the popular step-parents in Bollywood ... 6
"Everybody is courteous and gracious and so is Salman Khan," said Shah ... 4
Views : 1671