Not too many people know this, but Pran has a hugely impressive body of songs associated with his characters on screen. Here's looking at Pran's chartbusters.
* Jeena toh hai usski jissne yeh raaz jaana hai kaam aadmi ka auron ke kaam aana: "Adhikar". This evergreen qawaalli sung by Mohd Rafi and filmed on Pran embodies Pran's real-life philosophy.
* Yaari hai imaan mera: "Zanjeer". When Manna Dey sang for a second time for Pran after "Upkar", it had to be something special. This qawwalli was a bigger hit than the other Kalyanji-Ananji chartbusters in "Zanjeer".
* Raaz ki baat kehn doon toh: "Dharm". The qawwalli sung by Asha Bhosle and Mohammad Rafi and filmed on Bindu and Pran dragged this potboiler to a blockbuster level.
* Hum bolega toh bologe ki bolta hai: "Kasauti". The film again got its box office clout solely from this Kishore Kumar song filmed on Pran.
* Phir na kehna Michael daroo peekey danga karta hai: "Majboor". A Goan tune composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal and sung with gusto by Kishore Kumar. Interestingly, Kishoreda also sang for the Big B in "Majboor".
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(0 Votes)|
BollyCurry focuses on a few such songs to have graced the Indian Music ...
Our Western counterpart has copied several hit Bollywood movies to the ... 8