The Supreme Court gave Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt a month's reprieve in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, but the producers of his films feel four weeks are not enough for him to wrap up all the projects in hand.
Sentenced to five years in jail for possessing weapons illegally during the 1993 Mumbai riots, Sanjay, 53, wanted six more months to surrender to complete his projects worth Rs.278 crore.
"Zanjeer(2013)" producer Saket Sahni, who is left with seven or eight days of work, including dubbing, said: "It's difficult to complete all the pending films in one month, but we will start planning backwards."
"We would also want him (Sanjay) to spend some time with his family, so let's see how it goes," added Sahni.
"Policegiri" producer Rahul Aggarwal said Sanjay was under pressure now.
"He (Sanjay) is thankful, but he is still under pressure that how would he finish six months' work in a month," said Aggarwal.
Talking about the status of "Policegiri", he admitted it does not need much time, "just a few days as one song and a bit of dubbing is left".
"In fact, Sanjay himself is asking us to do the dubbing at night," he added.
The actor has already spent 18 months in jail and has to undergo the remaining three-and-a-half-year sentence. The Supreme Court had on March 21 granted Sanjay four weeks - ending April 18 - to surrender. Upholding his conviction under the Arms Act, the court had reduced his sentence from six to five years.
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(0 Votes)|
Christmas has proved to be a lucky time for Aamir Khan. Last year, he ...
Sanjay Dutt, who is out from jail on a 14-day furlough, saw his latest ...