Thursday, March 20, 2008
| 8:17:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)
0 Comments | Copyright: IANS
Hyderabad, March 20 (IANS) Although films are releasing almost every week, few have been able to run for a considerable number of weeks. As a result the Telugu films list remains mostly unchanged.
However, 'Gamyam', which released last month and is still in the theatres, is an exception. The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Krishna' - The Sankranti release is still going strong and is holding the number one spot. The Ravi Teja and Trisha starrer has been running in theatres for two months and is the first hit of the year. V.V. Vinayak has given a rather stereotypical story but Ravi Teja ably carries it ably on his shoulders.
2. 'Gamyam' - Debutante director Radhakrishna (Krish) spins a nice yarn - a tale filled with emotions which shows the transformation of the hero and his outlook towards life after his encounters with different people in different parts of his road journey. Inspired to some extent by 'The Motorcycle Diaries', 'Gamyam' has a refreshing feel. Although made in the commercial genre, it makes for a meaningful and worthwhile watch thanks to a good script and good performances by Allari Naresh, Sharwanand and Kamalinee Mukherjee. This film has got critical acclaim and is being appreciated by the audience too.
3. 'Ontari' - It's a film with all the usual dose of ingredients - action, romance and comedy. Gopichand does a good job in the lead role. Debutante Bhavana Balachandran puts in a good performance and is being talked about as a heroine with potential. Though the first half of the film is good, the second half does not sustain the interest of the viewers and slows down the pace of the film.
4. 'Swagatham' - Director Dasarath's sentimental flick seems to have been welcomed by the audience as it is still in the theatres. Though an old, stereotypical story with nothing new about it, it seems to be luring family audience as it is sans violence. The performances of Jagapathi Babu and Bhumika Chawla are the main highlights.
5. 'Bhadradri' - The film figures on the list as nothing else worthwhile is available from the present crop of releases besides 'Gamyam'. The film is Srihari's show all the way and caters to the masses.
Gagan Gaonkar, a 13-year-old from Udupi, Karnataka, won the fifth ...
Renowned cricketers to be seen on the stage of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l ...
Last seen in romantic war drama "Kanche", actress Pragya Jaiswal will ...
Telugu actor Ravi Teja will be seen playing a college lecturer in his ...
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index