The CBI Thursday urged the Supreme Court to maintain the six years' jail term awarded to Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt for sourcing a rifle and some ammunition from those who were later accused of the 1993 Mumbai blasts.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) took this stand before the apex court bench of Justice P. Sathasivam and Justice B.S. Chauhan while supporting its contention against the actor with the evidence of tampering with evidence.
The CBI said that Sanjay Dutt broke the rifle into several pieces before disposing them of.
The court concluded the hearing on Sanjay Dutt's plea challenging his conviction and award of six years' sentence by a Terrorist And Disruptive Activities court.
Dutt has already served a sentence of a year and half in the case.
The actor earlier told the court that his possession of a rifle and some ammunition was not linked to the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts that struck the city in the aftermath of the Babri Masjid demolition in Uttar Pradesh Dec 6, 1992.
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(0 Votes)|
Christmas has proved to be a lucky time for Aamir Khan. Last year, he ... 1
Sanjay Dutt, who is out from jail on a 14-day furlough, saw his latest ...
Views : 3314