Filmmaker Anurag Basu says his forthcoming movie 'Barfi', which got dealyed for several reasons, may have disabled characters in lead but it is not a "silent film" neither the theme is "dark" or "grim".
"I never wanted to make a silent film or something. I wanted to make a film with an easy story that people understand. There are few dialogues in the film, and this is its speciality. I had such nice actors who could convey so much without saying anything," he said.
Basu feels people will get answer to their questions when the film will hit theatres Sep 14.
"The entire film is a happy film. When everyone told me that I was making a grey film, I kept quiet because I knew I was making a film which was happy and commercial. This is people's perception that when you make a film with different characters, the film is dark and grim. I am waiting for the film to come and answer your questions," he added.
The trailer is more focused on Ranbir, and a few glimpses of Priyanka. Explaining this, Basu said: "This is the first trailer we have made. As we need to do so many promotions, so I wanted to tell the story slowly. I didn't want to reveal everything in the first trailer."
"Barfi" is co-produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapoor.
Why is the film coming out so late?
"There were many reasons to push release date. My one schedule in September (last year) got cancelled. Re-shooting that schedule took time. Other than that, even Ronnie (Ronnie Screwvala) thought this was the right day for 'Barfi'. I also told him that I will be ready with the film post August 15, so they decided this date," he said.