Amitabh Bachchan, who is recuperating from two recent abdominal surgeries, says some new medical issues have emerged, and it is likely that his stay at the Seven Hills Hospital here may be further extended.
"I seek forgiveness...I will not be detailing any more...some fresh medical issues have come up, and I need to concentrate on the treatment now," the 69-year-old ailing actor posted on his blog Wednesday night.
The megastar was successfully operated upon Saturday, and was due to be discharged from the hospital Monday. But following complaints of acute pain, doctors decided to keep him under observation till Friday or Saturday at least.
However, his blog update, which was unusually short and to-the-point, indicates his condition could be grave. The hospital authorities, when contacted by IANS, remained tightlipped.
So far, his health hasn't deterred him from blogging and tweeting to be in touch with his "extended family".
"Once you open Twitter, you just remain there...an obsession to read and know what others feel and say...Attention to laptop and mobile has increasingly become the ultimate yardstick for communication...To all those that communicate with me here, and wanting personal response...it is inconsiderate to ask me in this condition...," he added.
Amitabh is admitted to the fifth floor of the seven-star hospital, and is being well taken care of by doctors, his wife Jaya and daughter Shweta Nanda.
His abdominal problems are a result of a near fatal injury he suffered while shooting "Coolie" in 1982.
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(0 Votes)|
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is down with fever and says that he had to ...
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan visited Lalbaug along with his son Abhishek ...
Views : 3497