No item numbers, but original peppy compositions - that was the hallmark of Bollywood music in 2011. The first big hit was 'Darling', in the powerful resonating voice of Usha Uthup in '7 Khoon Maaf', while the loud and boisterous Bappi Lahiri composition 'Oh la la' in 'The Dirty Picture' gave partygoers something to gyrate on at New Year parties.
Some of the chartbusters brought in a whiff of Spanish and Russian flavour to the music.
Here is a list of 10 most happening songs of 2011:
1. 'Darling': In the very beginning, Bollywood was introduced to this addictive number from '7 Khoon Maaf'. The stretched usage of word 'darling' in the powerful voice of Usha Uthup coupled with Rekha Bharadwaj's mischievous tone did the trick for the Vishal Bharadwaj composition. The Russian flavour infused in the song managed to captivate listeners.
2. 'Sadi galli': Lehmber Hussainpuri's original composition was restricted only to the heartlands of Punjab till composer Krsna discovered it and decided to use the folk number in the film 'Tanu Weds Manu'. The already popular foot-tapping song caught the pulse of the listeners, thanks to its Punjabi lyrics and entertaining beats.
3. 'Chaar baj gaye party abhi baaki hai': The movie 'F.A.L.T.U' sank without a trace at the box-office, but the only saviour was the energetic party number 'Char baj gaye' by singer Hard Kaur. A Sachin-Jigar composition became so popular that it became a must for discotheques and marriages.
4. 'Dhinka chika': It wasn't the signature dance step picturised on Salman Khan with his hands in his pockets that made the 'Ready' song a rage. Full on energy, complimented by Mika Singh and Amrita Kak's voice, the infectious composition by guest composer Devi Shri Prasad, who includded sound of whistles and dhols, forced everyone to shake a leg.
5. 'Bhaag dk bose': The double meaning song from 'Delhi Belly' had become a national anthem of sorts. Composed and sung by Ram Sampath, the quirky, interesting and upbeat number became an instant hit with listeners. A brave move by the producers and smart execution by Sampath as the lyrics projected the lingo of today's youth.
6. 'Sanorita': The idea of using voices of actors Abhay Deol, Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar in the fun-loving song from 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' worked in favour of the film. Composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the number with Spanish flavour brought in the element of happiness with its happy-go-lucky beats.
7. 'Teri Meri': A poignant love song, it was definitely not Himesh Reshammiya's best composition, but the number stood out in the average music album of 'Bodyguard'. High on Sufi touch, backed by the soulful voices of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shreya Ghoshal, it was the only romantic number that made it to the top 10 charts this year.
8. 'Chammak Challo': If the Shah Rukh Khan starrer mega-budget film 'Ra.One' was the most awaited movie of the year, then the song too created a buzz much before its release. The song, which marks Bollywoood's first musical collaboration with international singer Akon, had Hinglish lyrics and had a repeat value.
9. 'Sadda Haq': Music maestro A.R. Rahman might be selective about choosing his projects, but whenever he does, one expects nothing less than a musical treat. For 'Rockstar', the composer scored soulful numbers but this power-punched number, sung by Mohit Chauhan, was an instant success.
10. 'Ooh la la': Sometimes good things are saved for the last. And it happened when the bling king Bappi Lahiri along with Shreya Ghosal went back into the 1970's era and replicated the magic of nonsensical lyrics, loud beats and peppy song. And it all came together with the song 'Ooh la la'.
Do you like this article?
|Posted by:||India-Forums.com Staff|
|User Rating||(20 Votes)|
|aqsoo_baby, Diivi, ahuta, Ranbir.Fan, Cutie4197, taanu4harshad, Nikhi., Princess13., ILoveDrama, Shreyacool, cuty_k, SandCastle., S.H.I.E.L.D., Jagavi_Naik, coolpratz, MyInspirationz, GurpreetD, pallavi25, .DarkParadise.., harshu.sundas|
Popular Search Terms: most happening bollywood songs, happening bollywood song
oh my god are u lot mad!how can you say "teri meri" was average?!its still the biggest song going around everywhere!in england it like the anthem for india!absoloutly soulful and beautiful!you need to reiterate sum things
BollyCurry would like to take you through the varied facets of that ... 3
It's that day of the year once again, when BollyCurry gathers its ... 1