Wednesday, December 26, 2007
| 8:00:06 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)
0 Comments | 825 Views | Copyright: IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 26 (IANS) 'Happy Days' continues to be the numero uno film even after completing 80 days - an incredible feat. This fortnight there are three new entrants in the list - 'Mantra', 'Anasuya' and 'Don'.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Happy Days' - The film is cruising merrily at the box office. It has garnered critical acclaim and commercial success. The film has done exceedingly well in Andhra Pradesh as well as the US. It's Sekhar Kammula all the way when it comes to successful offbeat films. His different sensibilities as a director enable him to make simple, heart-warming stories with strong characterisation. Both, young and old, have appreciated this tale of eight students set in an engineering college tracing their lives in the four years.
3. 'Mantra' - This whodunit, starring Charmee and Sivaji, is faring well as far as the revenues go. Suspense thrillers and murder mysteries are not common in Telugu film industry. However, Mantra and Anasuya have shown that this genre goes down well with the audience if made well.
3. 'Anasuya' - Bhumika Chawla steals the show as Anasuya in the movie. Playing a TV journo, the actress displays good acting skills. Ravi Babu is good as the villain. This 'edge-of-the-seat' thriller directed by Ravi Babu has got critical acclaim (it's technically slick albeit a bit dark in terms of lighting) and seems to be faring well even though it just released three days ago.
4. 'Don' - Nagarjuna's only release this year has been at the receiving end in terms of reviews. Reports on the film's performance are not too favourable. Raghava Lawrence wears many hats - director, actor, choreographer and music director - in the film. Perhaps this was a bit too much on the plate to do full justice. Generally, most star-studded films run for the first few weeks and perhaps the initial curiosity to see it will attract crowds.
5. 'Thulasi' - It continues to be in the reckoning. Family audiences seem to prefer 'Thulasi'. Child star Atulith gives an endearing performance despite the large dose of violence. Venkatesh returns to action in this film filled with commercial elements.
Supriya Kumari-Sachin Shroff-starrer TV show "Anudamini" has completed ...
Some of the popular names of television recently played a friendly ...
A mouth of a miss or a mouth to quiz, BollyCurry leaves you a mouth in ...
Porn star-turned-actress Sunny Leone is all set to enthrall Kannada ...
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index