Kochi, Oct 19 (IANS) With four new films released during Eid, Mammootty starrer 'Nazrani' is the frontrunner.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. 'Nazrani' - Mammootty becomes a Kottayam achayan in the film directed by Joshiy. Ace writer Ranjith has done the script in his trademark style, which has been lapped up by the star's fans.
2. 'Chocolate' - A campus story with a difference in real terms. It revolves around Prithviraj who is forced to study in a women's college. An unabashed comedy written by debutant Sachi-Sethu duo goes down well with the youngsters.
3. 'Paradeshi' - In director P.T. Kunhimohammed's off beat narrative Mohanlal plays the main lead. Set against the backdrop of partition, the film focuses on Malayalees who were alienated from their country after the India-Pakistan divide because they were working in Pakistan then.
4. 'Black Cut' - Director Vinayan and Suresh Gopi join hands for the first time to make this comedy-cum-action-thriller. The overall treatment is tacky but there are moments when the audiences clap.
5. 'Arabikatha' - This Sreenivasan starrer directed by Lal Jose refuses to go out of the popularity chart. The realistic theme, treated with humour, is still attracting viewers.